Leto contact widget missing

Hi guys,

Haven’t used WP in a while and just settled on Leto theme, which is clean and simple so far. On the demo pages/files, the contact page is missing a “leto contact” widget. Is that a mistake or do I need to download and install my own contact form as a plug-in?

If so, what do you recommend for ease of use, easy styling and responsiveness?

Thanks,
Taylor

Hello Taylor,

I’m not sure what exactly is your issue, can you please provide a link to the page that is affected by your issue and some explanatory screenshots?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello there!

I am also facing this problem; using the latest release of Leto theme.

Here’s what the “Contacts” page outputs:
Get in touch [contact-form-7 id=”272″ title=”CF”]

And in the Editor mode of the “Contacts” page PageBuilder warns: “Missing widget: Leto Contact”
Also, “Leto Contact” doesn’t seem to appear in the widgets list

Regards.

Hi Roman,

Please see attached screen shots…

The first appears to show that the designer/developer of the Leto theme meant to or did create a widget named “Leto_Contact”. However, there is no such widget included with the theme. Again, this is the “contact” page that came with the Leto demo files that I downloaded and installed.

The second screen capture show the web browser view of this same page, which shows that the (missing) widget incorporates Contact Form 7.

I just don’t want to start from scratch with Contact Form 7 if I don’t have too… I’m not a very skilled coder/CSS person - if a widget already was created, and just didn’t get uploaded with the other widgets, I hoping that can be fixed.

Thanks,
Taylor

Yes, you described the issue better than I did! I added a couple of screen captures to show what the problem is. Thanks for chiming in.

Hi Roman, my account got put on hold, so I’m not sure you got my reply. Copied below:

Hi Roman,

Please see attached screen shots…

The first appears to show that the designer/developer of the Leto theme meant to or did create a widget named “Leto_Contact”. However, there is no such widget included with the theme. Again, this is the “contact” page that came with the Leto demo files that I downloaded and installed.

The second screen capture show the web browser view of this same page, which shows that the (missing) widget incorporates Contact Form 7.

I just don’t want to start from scratch with Contact Form 7 if I don’t have too… I’m not a very skilled coder/CSS person - if a widget already was created, and just didn’t get uploaded with the other widgets, I hoping that can be fixed.

Thanks,
Taylor

screen capture #2:

Hello, it looks like a demo content issue, thank you for pointing it out. You can try to do the following.

1. Make a full site backup (files and database):
    https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

2. Remove the row that contains Missing Widget.

3. Install Contact Form 7 plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/contact-form-7/

4. Make sure that you have the contact form with ID 272 in Contact Form 7 plugin.
    If you don’t have it in Contact → Contact Forms section, you can re-import Leto demo content.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks Roman. I’ll give it a try and let you know how it goes.

Okay, you are welcome!

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I did have to re-install the demo site (and files) as I did not have the contact form id 272.

It still shows that the widget leto_contact is missing on the contact page itself, but it appears to have worked as I can see the contact form on browser preview.

Thanks!

You are welcome! You can try to repeat step 2 above, simply remove that missing widget.

Kind Regards, Roman.