Leto Child theme issue when upgrading PHP to 7.3

Hi guys,

My (shared) web hosting provider allows me to upgrade to as high as PHP 7.3. However, whenever I choose any PHP version higher than 7.0, I get an error message and cannot log in to site admin/dashboard and site goes down.

I would like to run the most up-to-date PHP version as possible for security and speed, so I am unsure what to fix. Help?

Below are the error details emailed to me from Wordpress:

Error Details

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 1 of the file /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-content/themes/leto-child/functions.php(38) : runtime-created function. Error message: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function n5Wa0J3bwVmcfJ3byJXZ() in /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-content/themes/leto-child/functions.php(38) : runtime-created function:1
Stack trace:
#0 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-content/themes/leto-child/functions.php(38): __lambda_func()
#1 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(285): themes_posts_thumbnail_size_attr()
#2 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(311): WP_Hook->apply_filters(’’, Array)
#3 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-includes/plugin.php(478): WP_Hook->do_action(Array)
#4 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-settings.php(540): do_action(‘init’)
#5 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-config.php(89): require_once(’/hermes/bosnawe…’)
#6 /hermes/bosnaweb18a/b341/ipg.roysbrandcom/chickennuggetsco/wp-load.php(37): re

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting us. I am sorry to hear you have been running into that issue.

As mentioned in the error details, the source of the problem is from active child theme. Access your site’s FTP and remove the leto-child theme folder from root/wp-content/themes directory. Then access your site’s admin area and enable Leto theme.

Before re-enabling your child theme, you have to fix the issues mentored on the error notice.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

Hi Kharis,

I deleted Child Theme, started over with a new one, and that fixed the issue - I was able to update to PHP 7.3 with my ISP.

Thank you!
Jeremy

1 Like

Great!

You’re welcome Jeremy!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support