Leto Child Theme Creation Error

Using Lilaea’s Child Theme Configurator v 2.2.8.1 to create a Child Theme, I get the following error:

Do Not Activate “Leto Child”! A PHP FATAL ERROR has been detected.

Click to show/hide PHP debug output

Please contact this Theme’s author and report the items inside the box above. You may or may not be able to use this Theme as a Child Theme while these conditions exist.
It is possible that this theme has specific requirements to work correctly as a child theme. Please make sure you are using the latest version of this theme and check your theme’s documentation for more information.
Dismiss this notice.
This child theme does not load a Configurator stylesheet.

If you want to customize styles using this plugin, please click “Configure Child Theme” again to add this to the settings.
Dismiss this notice.
This child theme uses the parent stylesheet but does not load the parent theme’s style.css file.

Please select a stylesheet handling method or check “Ignore parent theme stylesheets” (see step 6, below).
Dismiss this notice.
This Child Theme has not been configured for this plugin.

The Configurator makes significant modifications to the child theme, including stylesheet changes and additional php functions. Please consider using the DUPLICATE child theme option (see step 1, above) and keeping the original as a backup.

Click to show/hide raw analysis data. Please include contents below with any support requests.

{
“parnt”: {
“deps”: [
[
[
“leto-bootstrap”,
“css/bootstrap/bootstrap.min.css”
]
],
[
[
“leto-style”,
“style.css”
],
[
“ionicons”,
“css/ionicons.min.css”
],
[
“leto-plugins-css”,
“css/plugins.css”
]
]
],
“signals”: {
“failure”: 0,
“thm_parnt_loaded”: “leto-style”
},
“queue”: [
“leto-bootstrap”,
“siteorigin-panels-front”,
“leto-style”,
“leto-fonts”,
“ionicons”,
“leto-plugins-css”,
“kirki-styles-leto”,
“jetpack_css”,
“ctc-test”,
“wpcom-notes-admin-bar”,
“noticons”
],
“irreg”: [
“9,leto-bootstrap”
],
“url”: “https://suncitywebdevelopers.com/?ModPagespeed=off&preview_ctc=1&template=leto&stylesheet=leto&now=1513264218
},
“child”: {
“deps”: [
[],
[]
],
“signals”: {
“failure”: 0,
“thm_noqueue”: 1,
“err_php”: 1,
“err_fatal”: 1,
“thm_notheme”: 1
},
“queue”: [],
“irreg”: [],
“url”: “https://suncitywebdevelopers.com/?ModPagespeed=off&preview_ctc=1&template=leto&stylesheet=leto-child&now=1513264218
}
}

The resulting Child theme files are also attached and do not show any errors!

style.css

/*
Theme Name: Leto Child
Theme URI: https://athemes.com/theme/leto
Template: leto
Author: athemes
Author URI: https://athemes.com
Description: Leto is a WooCommerce compatible theme that works great for any kind of shop. Leto features color and font options, blog options, integration with the Page Builder plugin so you can easily build your homepage or other pages and many more other useful features.
Tags: e-commerce,two-columns,right-sidebar,custom-colors,custom-background,custom-header,custom-menu,featured-images,sticky-post,theme-options,threaded-comments,translation-ready
Version: 1.0.2.1513262124
Updated: 2017-12-14 07:35:24

*/

Child Theme functions.php

<?php // Exit if accessed directly if ( !defined( 'ABSPATH' ) ) exit; // BEGIN ENQUEUE PARENT ACTION // AUTO GENERATED - Do not modify or remove comment markers above or below: if ( !function_exists( 'chld_thm_cfg_parent_css' ) ): function chld_thm_cfg_parent_css() { wp_enqueue_style( 'chld_thm_cfg_parent', trailingslashit( get_template_directory_uri() ) . 'style.css', array( 'leto-bootstrap' ) ); } endif; add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'chld_thm_cfg_parent_css', 10 ); if ( !function_exists( 'child_theme_configurator_css' ) ): function child_theme_configurator_css() { wp_enqueue_style( 'chld_thm_cfg_child', trailingslashit( get_stylesheet_directory_uri() ) . 'style.css', array( 'chld_thm_cfg_parent','leto-style','ionicons','leto-plugins-css' ) ); } endif; add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'child_theme_configurator_css' ); // END ENQUEUE PARENT ACTION

Hi there,

There aren’t any specific requirements for creating a child theme for Leto so not really sure we can help you here. I can only suggest that you follow the Codex example for creating a child theme manually: https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

I also got an error trying to use Child Theme Configurator. Such as this:

Warning: require(/home/int40765/public_html/wp-content/themes/leto-child/widgets/class-leto-facts.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/int40765/public_html/wp-content/themes/leto/functions.php on line 216

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/int40765/public_html/wp-content/themes/leto-child/widgets/class-leto-facts.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/int40765/public_html/wp-content/themes/leto/functions.php on line 216

By PHP error occurred on Line 216 of the main Theme functions.php.
I received more support for the makers of CTC than Leto!!
Because I need to get my WooCommerce site up, I changed to ShopIsle Theme.

I would just like to mention that the theme can now be redownloaded. We made some changes in regards to child theming. Sorry for the troubles.

I´ll test it and report back. By the way, are you planning to release a “Pro” version of Leto (in near future?)

Br,
W

I reloaded, Deleted the old Theme and re-installed the 1.0.3 version. PHP problem was gone, but I got these instead:

Br,
W

I don’t really know how that plugin works. Perhaps you need to recreate the child theme?
I tested with a handmade child theme and it works fine.

I tried to recreate that already. Don´t know how it works either, I just reported what happened with it in case you might benefit of the info.

If you have handmade child theme available, maybe you could share it with people downloading your theme? …Just a thought. Would be nice to have child available for all your themes ( customer service tip ).

Br,
W

I’ve uploaded the child theme here.
Can you tell me the name of the plugin please so I can have a look?
Thanks for your feedback.

I´ve used this plugin: Child Theme Configurator
It has worked fine with Sydney Pro and Talon Pro earlier. I´ll download your child, thanks Vlad!

Br,
W

I just tried it and was able to create a child theme (with the default settings) without any issues showing up.
The code it generates is pretty much the same as the one from the child theme I linked.

ok. weird, wonder why it has not worked with me. Your child theme seems to be working well though.

I dont think you really need to use a child theme creator as it can complicate things, I would just use 2 files (+screenshot) in child-theme folder

style.css with below content (altered to suit you)

/*
Theme Name: Leto Child
Theme URI: https://github.com/minimallinux/leto-child.git
Author: P A McGowan
Author URI: https://webmobapps.com/
Template: leto
Description: Leto is a clean and well-designed e-commerce WordPress theme. It is very flexible and packed with several theme options that make website development a breeze. It has a fluid and fully responsive layout design to make sure that your visitors will have an awesome viewing experience each time they go to your website. It exists so that you can speedily and efficiently craft powerful e-commerce websites across all niches and markets in a matter of minutes, without having to write a line of code. It is packed with nice features that allow you to explore your creativity and build a unique website for your online store. It comes with smooth integration of WooCommerce plugin.
Version: 1.0.0
License: GPLv3
Text Domain: leto-child
Tags: one-column, two-columns, three-columns, left-sidebar, right-sidebar,
*/
And then a functions.php file with below to start it off

// Include parent theme styles.
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
wp_enqueue_style( ‘child-style’,
get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’,
array(‘parent-style’)
);
}

That should be all you need to pull in the necessary content for most themes though with Leto you may need to also add the templates folders in to your child-theme.