Layout Slider Widget - remove drop shadow for body copy

Hi there,

I’ve created a row which includes the Layout Slider widget.
I’ve set the ‘heading shadow intensity’ in the widget settings to zero to remove the drop shadow.
Within the Layout Sider widget I’ve created a frame and opened the builder.
Within the builder I have one row that has an ‘Image’ widget in the first row and an ‘Editor’ widget in the second row. I have regular copy in the editor widget that is centred and set to black.

When the page is displayed - the copy in the ‘Editor’ widget has a drop shadow which I would like to remove. How do I do remove the shadow? I’ve checked all the widget settings and other than the setting in the Layout Slider which reduces the shadow for the title, I can’t see how to remove the shadow for any copy that is displayed within the widget.

Many thanks for your continued support on a great theme.

Hello there,

Based the description you’ve written, it looks like we could remove that drop shadow with a couple line of CSS code. I need to inspect and get the exact selector attributed to that slider. Do you have a link to share here, so I can inspect it directly?

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis, the site is not yet published - would a screen shot or some other information from within the widget help to identify the CSS that’s needed? I’m using the SiteOrigin Layout Slider and within the Slider Frames I’m using Builder and within the Builder I’m using SiteOrigin Editor for the copy below an image - and it’s that copy that has the drop shadow that I’d like to remove. I’ve checked the widget styles within SiteOrigin Editor - and there’s nothing that shows drop shadow in the options. I’ve checked the widget styles within the row that the SiteOrigin Layout Slider is in - there are no options to remove the drop shadow. I’ve checked the styles within the SiteOrigin LayoutSlider - there are no options to remove the drop shadow. Lastly, I’ve checked the Design and Layout options in the SiteOrigin Layout Slider - and the Heading Shadow Intensity is set to 0.
Many thanks for your help.

Hello there,

Yes please share some screenshots both widget settings and frontend look of it. Also please share share the XML export file of your site, and share it here, so I could easily reproduce it on my test site.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks Kharis - I found the answer through SiteOrigin and putting it here in case anyone else had the same issue.

To remove the drop shadow in the copy of a Layout Slider widget, you need to add the following CSS code:
.so-widget-sow-layout-slider p {
text-shadow: none !important;
}

Many thanks for your help.

Great! Thank you for sharing. We really appreciate it. :slight_smile: