Layout Builder Duplicating Content within Sydney Free

Dear SiteOrigin team,

I’m new to WordPress so if this is the wrong group to ask, I apologize ahead of time.

Using the Sydney Theme, I added a block of text and two Sydney FP call to action buttons within the Layout Builder widget (SiteOrigins). They are fine but when I try to add another block of text (within another Layout Builder widget) and two other Sydney FP call to action buttons with different text and links, the original ones are shown instead of my new text and links. I tried refreshing the cache and did not duplicate the original one creating them from scratch.

Is there a way around this or can the Call to action only be used once within Layout Builder?

Hi Trintech,

Could you please to post the URL of your site?

Regards,
Awan

Thank you for getting back to me and I apologize for the delay in my response.

The site can be viewed here http://clients.trinityvs.com/. You’ll see the section under the ‘latest news’ has different text from text widget but the sydney fp call to action buttons are the same as above even though within WP the call to actions and buttons have different text and links pointing to other pages, but they point to the same set as above.

This site was made from scratch and is doing the same thing as stated before.

Any suggestions would be great as this layout is what my client is looking for.

Thank you for your time.

Hi,

Thanks for the link. Did you made a duplicate row & widgets for those section? I’ve checked your those section and both of those widgets has same element ID.

Can you try to remove those second section and create new one? add new row with 2 columns and then add a CTA button widget to each column.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the suggestion. I separated the elements using a text widget in one row and the sydney fp CTA in a row with two columns. Even though I still want to look of the original (within the row), it works as a workaround.

I need to learn how to override the color in the widget different widgets and I’m trying to figure out the CSS needed to do so. For example, if my text widget is in a row and I want it to be red, it is defaulting to gray, even when I tell it that I want it red. Do you have any additional documentation on how to override the cascade within the widget?

Thanks again

“Do you have any additional documentation on how to override the cascade within the widget?”
> Nope.
Don’t worry, you can ask here if you need to change something with your theme.

You can start working on my suggestion in above, and let me know which part that would you change.

The section in question is right after the OUR BLOG section. The text “ARE YOU READY TO GET STARTED IMPROVING YOUR BUSINESS?” is what I’m trying to make RED, but I cannot override the gray color.

The other CSS mod is the use of the text + Sydney FP CTA nested in a row worked in the 1st part of the site (above the “OUR BLOG” section). I would like to be able to have that same layout in the section after the “OUR BLOG” section. You had mentioned that you had “checked your those section and both of those widgets has same element ID.” I would like to know how to set it up with a different element ID (how and where) as I like the way that it looks and works.

Thanks again for the suggestions and for the response.

Hi,

Please try these css code instead:

h3.widget-title {
    color: #dd3333;
}

“I would like to know how to set it up with a different element ID”
> the element ID should generated automatically by the pagebuilder plugin when you add a row and widget to the page