Latest update mixed up my site

After I updated the Health Coach-version, I now have the Agency-version!
All my changes and all text editing has gone!
Even trying to Import the demo data from the health theme doesn’t work. It says “all done” but there is always the Agency theme.

Please help me activating the health theme again!

Hello there,

From your site’s dashboard, go to Appearance menu and check if Health Coach child theme is active.

Regards,
Kharis

There is no “Child Theme”.
When I go to Theme-Details, I can click on “Import Demo Data” and then after I coose “import” for the Health Coach - nnothing happens!

Hello there,

After deeper inspection, I found an issue with demo import. I am going to report it to our developer lead @vlad. At this time, please downgrade Airi to version 1.0.2. with the WP Rollback plugin. Then do re-importing Health Coach demo. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi there,

I just did an import of Health Coach and it worked fine.
I’m waiting to hear back from my colleague about the issue he found.
Meanwhile, can you share a link to your website please?

Vlad

Hello @gregdei,

Sorry I forgot to mention that you’ve to check all active plugins and ensure they’re the latest versions. Because bug fixes usually be made in the latest version.

Regards,
Kharis

The URL is:
http://www.jona-glas.de/wp/

As you can see, after the update I also have some menu items twice!
Unfortunately I still don’t see the Health-Version. I did a rollback to 1.02 and I imported the demo date but nothing happened.
Moreover it seems like all the work I did last week is gone :-/

Hello there,

I tested it with non-multisite WordPress installation and it works fine. Is your site under multisite network?

Regards,
Kharis

No, regular WP-installation!

Hello there,

Please check your server and ensure it meets the minimum requirements as outlined here: https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/.

Regards,
Kharis

My hoster is ranked as Germany’s hoster No.1, be sure it meets the requirements.
This is not the only site I run on this hoster with Wordpress.

After the installation the site was running great and I had done about a third of thr whole work. Then there was that update and everything is lost since then. At first I tried to figure out how to activate the child theme on my own but that didn’t work and now even with your help it’s more than three days without a solution. I really like your theme and I was close to buying it but if it won’t work, I need to check other template manufacturer.
This site is not for me, it’s a job - and my customer doesn’t understand why I can’t continue working!

Discussion moved to private message.