Latest Theme Update Screwed Up Site

After the latest theme update, my current site at www.robocomtech.com shows the following 2 flaws.

1. The Sydney Footer addition appears below the proper one.
  2. Near the bottom of each page is a Call To Action section with 3 buttons. A grey bar appears below this.

Can you recommend any changes I can make to fix these 2 issues?

Hello,

First thanks for using our theme!

1. There’s two widgets being included on footer. Go to Appearance > Widgets > Footer (1,2 and 3) and look for those widgets and remove/delete them.

2. That’s a background color being added through the page builder. Go to Admin Dashboard > Pages and edit your homepage. Look for the respective section and click to edit the “row” settings. Then, you can change the background color through the design/style options.

We hope this helps!

Please try that and let us know if you need further assistance.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Unfortunately, after the theme updates (and some plugins), the Appearance → Widgets page will no longer load. Is there any alternative?

I may have to do a backup restore

Hi @bob2oneilgmail-com,

I am sorry to hear that you’re getting issue with the widgets part.

Latest version of Sydney has extra option for footer widgets layout added to Appearance > Customize > Footer. For some cases, you may need to visit this option to choose one layout that reflects the same on your site before updating the theme.

Hope this reply helps. Let me know your views.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks Kharis, I did a roll back and enabled some plugins for Classic Widgets, and was able to remove those entries in the footer correctly. Is the any concern now with updating the Sydney theme to the latest in terms of other unintended visual changes?

This plugin disables newer interface for widgets administration that is added to the latest version of WordPress (5.8 and later). If that the case, you weren’t getting any issue with the theme.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like