Latest News - Using an external URL link

Hi all,

I am configuring my page with the Sydney Theme. I would like to know weather it is possible to link each news to an external url (for example to a newspaper article url from New York Times). I try to do this, but it seems that the only way is to copy the information from the newspaper article. I need to directly link to the article.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Hi,

You can add external URLs to the Content of Your News, or you want something specific on Latest News to be linked somewhere else? If yes, please post a link to your website and point out what you want from there to be linked to an external URL, so I can check if that’s possible.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Thanks a lot for your reply! I am using wordpress local so, unfortunately, I can’t send you the link of my page.

I need to add an external link to the title of each news. Now, if you click on the title, the web re-directs you to another page of the web (“internal page”) that shows the news. Instead, I need the web to re-direct you to an external link when you click on the title.

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Maria

Hi,

Please try to add <a href="your-URL">text which shows as title</a> as a title of your post.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba, thanks a lot for your help!
I tried that option and it worked, but the title appears twice: once above the picture with a smaller letter and one below the pictures (as the original one).
Attached you will find a picture that shows this.
Is it possible to eliminate the first title? (the one above the picture).
Thanks again!
Best,
Maria
Latest News

Hi,

Please make sure to only have the code in the page title area.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Yes, I added the code only to the title area of the page. Attached you will find the image.

Link

Thanks!

Hi,

I can’t see the whole area, please check to make sure you don’t have noting after the code, please scroll to right in the title area.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

No, nothing after the code. This is my title code =( : Un argentino y un venezolano miden su propia inflación con mil millones de precios por día

Attached you will find a picture: Screenshot

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Maria

Hi,

Please post a link to your website where you have the latest news, so I can check.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

I am using wordpress local so, from my understanding, you won’t be able to see the page on your computer.

Do you know any way to do this?

Thanks a lot!

Best,

Maria

Hi,

Please upload your site to a server and give me the link to it, so I can check, without checking the site, unfortunately I can’t help, I must see it in order to help you with this issue.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

Ok, I have to migrate all the website to our active page. I will do this in the following days and contact you again to show you the issue.

Best,

Maria

Hi,

Ok, please post here the URL when you are done.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi Csaba,

One more question in the meantime. I need the following: when clicking in the button “See all our news” of the Lastest News’widget, I need the site to re-direct to one of my pages (internal page).

Is this possible?

Thanks!

Maria

Hi,

Unfortunately that can’t be done, because the button can’t be linked from theme options.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi there, reading your news I wonder if REDIRECTION WP plugin will not solve your situation.
If I remember well it route automatically a URL to another one. https://srd.wordpress.org/plugins/redirection

Hope this help, Jean Leroy

Hi,

Yes, maybe with that plugin it can be done, but the button itself can’t be linked.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi JeanLeroy, Csaba,

Thanks a lot for your help! I will try the plug in then.

Best,

Maria

Hi Csaba,

Sorry to bother you again! I solved the issue of the “double titles” on the latest news widget with a plugin. But now I am having issues with the “See all our news” button. When I press there, it links to one of the external links of one of the posts. I would like to use the default configuration: when you press the button, the internal page appears with all the posts, one after the other one.

How can I configure this back? Is the widget related to “my blog” internal webpage?

Best,

Maria

ps: I can’t send the link to the website because I am using wordpress local.