Language translation problems

Hello Vlad and friends,

I expirience difficulties translating my website with plylang. Now I tried to follow the previous post about this topic but I just dont get it yet.

I Installed polylang, checked all the Custom post types, checked all the synchronization boxes (except for the CUSTOM FIELDS offcourse)

I installed google language translater.

I made a new home page to test in PL, but it dosent display and nothing is translated.

What am i doing wrong? Is there perhaps a turorial for moesia polylang? would be most appriciated like the other videos you made :slight_smile:

website jullo.nl

Hi,

There’s no tutorial at the moment, though I don’t see what google language translater has to do with it.

It’s like this:

• you create a service (or whatever) then you copy it (using the Polylang button) to your other language and add the translation.
  • you create your front page, then copy it to your other language. The widgets that show custom post types will automatically show the CPTs in the second language and the widgets that have hold text on their own will have to be edited. That’s all :slight_smile:

Here’s a site with Moesia Pro and Polylang: http://easysubsea.com/

Thx for the reply, I have seen the Easysubsea site its nice :slight_smile:
Yet for me it looks like some piece of the puzzle is still missing. I deleted google language translater, to have no interfearence and followed all the instructions.

I tried to copy a page “Hoe werk ik” (How I work in Dutch) but instead of copying it, a new page is created. In the overview of pages I dont see one page with two modification pencils, only one pencil and a checkmark, so it doesnt look exactly like the youtube tutorials but then again those are probably outdated and hope its fine therefore.

I edited and translated all the different widgets in the rows of this page.

And when I tried to check the result in a live environment its not there…page could not be found.

I approach the page like this: Go to “Hoe werk ik” and click the PL Flag in the footer.

Where do I go wrong?

Ok, it figured out that without translating the front page first, it didnt work.

But suprisingly when i started translating the front page my page crashed, or switched from static to recent post. And it could only be changed if the page was availible in all the added languages.

Furthermore The client module crashes when selected in the polylang settings…

I wander why?

To be honest I’m not extremely familiar with Polylang, I just learned a bit how to use it in case people ask me. So I’m not sure I can help much, though I’m sure it works as I was able to do it :slight_smile:

You help A LOT! :):slight_smile:

Anyways perhaps you can explain what I should do with those strings.

%%sitename%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitedesc%%
%%name%%, Author at %%sitename%% %%page%%
%%date%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%
You searched for %%searchphrase%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%
Page not found %%sep%% %%sitename%%
%%title%% %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%
%%term_title%% Archives %%page%% %%sep%% %%sitename%%

All the other strings are in Englisch and therefore i didn’t hesitate to translate them to PL. But this above looks like code and makes me scared :slight_smile:

Could you explan with an example?

THX

I think it’s from AIO SEO or something similar? Polylang must have some compatibility with it.
These %%sitename%% are variables and you don’t translate them. You just translate the 4 strings with capital letter that aren’t between %. So Author at etc.

Thx, I got it, it should be fine from now :slight_smile: