Language switch plugin

I use Sydney Pro and would like to know if and what plugin is most suitable to add a language switch on my website (eng/thai)

Thanks for any feedback
Herve

Hello Herve,

As I understand, you want to build a multilingual website.

You can get such functionality with a multilanguage plugin, there are several excellent translation plugins out there, but each one with its own pros and cons. So I suggest you to read about each of them and make your own decision.

WPML. Paid, premium product. Great plugin with great support. One of the most popular ways to translate the site.

Polylang. Free. Very similar to WPML, and in some way compatible with it. It can use WPML’s wpml-config.xml file (so if the theme is compatible with WPML, it is in most cases compatible with Polylang).

qTranslate X. Free. It is also very popular translation plugin, but it works differently (it stores all translations in one post/page). It is the successor of qTranslate plugin.

However, please note that Sydney Pro theme was not tested with these plugins. It means that most likely it will not work properly right out-of-the-box.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

I am a bit concerned with your statement "please note that Sydney Pro theme was not tested with these plugins. It means that most likely it will not work properly right out-of-the-box."
Does this mean that when I purchase Sydney Pro it is not guaranteed that I can translate it ?
How I can understand then this information: https://athemes.com/using-polylang-in-some-of-our-themes/ ? It does not apply to Sydney Pro ?

Thank you

Hi,

It does apply to Sydney Pro. Polylang is the only one we’re providing integration with.
Those videos on the page you mentioned will help you out and they’re filmed with Sydney :slight_smile:

OK.Thanks.