Jquery problem

Hi,
I muss confess that I’m a total Wordpress novice and that I love your theme’s design.

I have a problem: I tried to install dontatin plugin called TinyCoffee and it has an interactive slider that requires jquery.
Since I can’t see the slider, the plugin support says - I quote:
“The problem with your site is that your theme loads a second copy of jQuery and related scripts in the header, and it does not do that in proper “WordPress way” - via wp_enqueue_script.”

I found out (by sheer experiment) that if I remove this line from the header.php file:
<script src=“http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.3/jquery.min.js”></script>

the plugin works, but I can’t use the animatescroll.js and therefore my welcome page doesn’t scroll down anymore.

So, my question is: is there any other way that I could call jquery script in header.php?

Thank you for your answer and please excuse my ignorance if this seem extremely stupid.

Hi, for Moesia theme or any other, jQuery isn’t loaded in that way. We used proper way :slight_smile:

It is probably from some other plugin that you are using. I tried TinyCoffee plugin and everything works.

As dimikjones says we are loading jQuery properly by naming it as a dependency. And we are loading the version bundled with WP because those are the rules. That one from googleapis doesn’t come from the theme so we can’t really help you.

Thank you both for your answers. You are right, the web page that I’m working on has been handed down to me and it seems that the code in header.php was changed directly in the theme’s directory and not in a child theme.
I restored the original header.php and both, the welcome area and the tinyCoffee are working great now. :slight_smile:

Sorry for any inconvenience.