Jetpack disappeared from dashboard

Jetpack no longer displays in the dashboard but when I try to add it as a new plugin I get the message that the installation failed as the destination folder already exists.

Is there a conflict with one of the more recent updates to the theme?

Hi,

Maybe your Jetpack folder is still in wp-content / plugins folder of your WordPress installation, please access the wp-content / plugins folder with your File Manager or via FTP and remove the jetpack folder.

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Replied by email but that was probably not the thing to do. The file is in the wp-content / plugins folder but Filezilla won’t let me delete it. Any suggestions? Thx. K

Hi,

Then, please access it via cPanel File Manager ( if you have cPanel with your Hosting Account, if not, then try an other FTP Client ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba

That hasn’t worked either and now another plugin has disappeared from another website using the Sydney theme. It is installed on the server as well but not showing on the website.

Hi,

Please get in touch with your hosting provider and let them know about this issue, so they can check, the theme can’t make plugins to disappear and if you’ve got that error “the destination folder already exists” is surely the jetpack plugin folder is in your plugins folder on your server, so you must remove it ( or tell your hosting provider to remove it for you, in case you can’t ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba