Issues after re-installing Sydney Theme

Hi.

After some issues on our child theme, we decided to do a re-install of the Sydney Pro Theme, but then some other issues came up.

www.twopack.no

1. Slider text not visible
  2. Theme not responsive

Any idea on what’s gone wrong? These features should work fine, “out of the box”, right…?

Hello,

You can try to deactivate all your plugins except recommended for Sydney Pro theme, activate the parent theme, and see if it helps.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman.

We did a complete re-install, onece again, and now it’s working. But, we’re back to the first issue; when enabling the Services widget, it goes wrong. I’ve tried it on another domain, using the same template, and found the following.

Adding the services widget, when a service is published, the content of the front page, is replaced with the content of one of the services. But, clicking revert to editor, then Page Builder, get’s the content back, but all the widgets are replaced with the SiteOrigin Editor widget, and also al the formatting on the rows (margins, back ground images, text an background colour etc) are lost.

Any idea on what might be causing this? The Pro Licence is in order, and it’s a fresh install of the theme.

The new domain is www.musikk-quiz.no, but the same problem also goes for www.twopack.no. But, you can use musikk-quiz.no for testing, if you want. I sent you a login that has access earlier.

Hello,

It looks like you have Page Builder by SiteOrigin and Elementor activated, I would suggest you to use only one page builder.

Did you try to deactivate all plugins except page builder and Sydney Toolbox, and activate the parent theme?

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

Hi Roman.

Then we’ve disabled all plugins that we’re able to. Some of the plugins are network installed, so our provider is not able to disable those.

But, the problem is still there. Any other things that we could try?

Hello,

You can try to rebuild your website using Elementor accordingly to Sydney Pro documentation in a staging environment or locally and see if it works as it should (then you will be able to move rebuilt website to production environment).

Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

No other options? Maybe on that would not require a total rebuild of my webpages…?

Hello,

Adding the services widget, when a service is published, the content of the front page, is replaced with the content of one of the services.

Can you please provide a link to an affected page in order to let me check it?

But, clicking revert to editor, then Page Builder, get’s the content back, but all the widgets are replaced with the SiteOrigin Editor widget, and also al the formatting on the rows (margins, back ground images, text an background colour etc) are lost.

Please don’t use Revert to Editor once you added some rows and widgets.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support

https://musikk-quiz.no/service-test-page/

There’s a test page I made.

As you see, the content of the page is as it’s supposed to be (one empty cell, and one cell with the Services Type B widget, but within the editor, it doesn’t look good. The content of this page, has now been replaced by the content of one of the services. If all services are set to “Draft”, this doesn’t happen.

Hello, thank you for the link and screenshot.

It looks like this issue requires close inspection because you still have additional plugins activated on your website, this goes beyond our support policy. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork. Hope for your understanding.

Kind Regards, Roman.
aThemes Support