Issue with header spacing

Hello, I am having a problem with a child theme for Sydney Pro 2.0.14. Things have been fine for a year but suddenly there is an issue with the header on desktop view. I am getting a bunch of padding being added at the top. Not an issue with mobile views. I am having a hard time isolating the problem but seems to be some padding that is being added by div.header-clone from functions.php. It’s a page and I’m using the “no header image - wide” template. Same issue in Chrome and Firefox. Interestingly did a clone of the site under MAMP and locally works fine in Firefox but not Chrome.

This is for a not-current client and I’d have to eat the costs for upgrading so want to make sure it isn’t something that browser updates caused and a subsequent update to Sydney fixed. The client hasn’t done anything to the site so it’s either a browser or Wordpress (latest version running) caused. Thanks for any tips!

Hi,

Try adding this simple CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

div.header-clone {
      display: none !important;
    }

Let me know whether it helps or not. If not, I’d request sharing your website URL here, so I can inspect it directly.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

That didn’t seem to do it. I’ll try to dig in today and see what I can find. Here’s the page giving me trouble.
http://www.marronalliance.com/about-kathleen-a-marron/
As I mentioned this is using the “No header image - Wide” page template.
Here’s a page where the navigation is correct, it’s using the Featured Header Image page template.

If you see anything let me know, I appreciate it!

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the link.

Try this code:

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
      .site-header {
        position: fixed;
        top: 0;
      }
    }

Let me kow whether that helps or not.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Sadly that didn’t do it. It seems it might have something to do with the page-wrap container. I can target that and move it down and it will be the right place in Firefox, but then of course not in Chrome. It’s like the .site-header isn’t clearing or something. I actually switched to the base Sydney Pro theme in my testing site to see if there is something I did in the child theme but the problem is still there.

Hi,

I checked your website and the header is now appearing fine on both Firefox and Chrome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rtJRH2nca8Wspz2TOHz9y060jNJv1w6H/view?usp=sharing

Does it look like so at your end now? Do you still need help with it?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support