Issue with Elementor's positioning settings

Hello all,

I am using Elementor pro with Sydney pro and trying to set a fixed button to float on the bottom-left corner of the viewport. It should be a pretty simple operation with Elementor, setting the widget’s positioning options to “fixed”, however, this doesn’t seem to work. Instead, the button is moved to the section’s corner and keeps on scrolling with it.

I have contacted Elementor’s support and this is what they’ve found:

I further inspected your Dashboard and noticed that the issue is caused due to the Sydney Theme you are using.

I couldn’t pinpoint from where exactly the theme is causing the issue. But temporarily changing the theme seems to solve the issue.

I would suggest you contact the Sydney theme support as they will be able to address this issue in a better way.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Hello,

First thanks for using our theme Sydney Pro!

Could you please share a link from your website ? So we can do a inspection and see what’s happening, do some tests and send the best solution for you.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo, thank you for answering.

Here is the website:
http://hidden-tuscany.com/?page_id=8

I’m trying to add the button to the footer.

Hello,

Thanks for the link!

However, this still is not sufficient to resolve your issue, since I don’t know exactly where you want to add the button. I saw you have two “Click Here” buttons with a black section after the footer of Sydney. Please send us a screenshot showing where exactly you want to position the buttons. Eg: At the footer copyright, aligned to left, centered in the black section, etc…

This way we can send a custom CSS code for you that you position the button where you want.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello,

Thank you but I don’t need help with the CSS. The issue I’m having is that a function of the Elementor environment isn’t working and it looks like it’s a problem of compatibility with Sydney Pro. Considering that Sydney’s homepage claims to be ideal in combination with Elementor, I’m a bit surprised. Is it possible that I’m the only one having this issue?

Kind Regards.

Hello,

I did a inspection with Developer Tools and couldn’t identify any default CSS from Sydney that can be causing this issue.

We will need investigate the code directly from your site. Just in case it is related to site specific issue. Thus I request sharing your website’s temporary admin login link and send it privately to me over email. You can generate the link with this plugin.

P.S.: Ensure the link expiry is set to 7 days and all admin rights are enabled.

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support

Hello Rodrigo,

I sent the link. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards.

Hello,

Thanks!

I’ve replied for you trough email.

Please check there.

We hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Rodrigo.

aThemes Support