Is it possible to disable the function on the Portfolio widget?

Hello,

I just want them to be photos not to direct to another page on the portfolio widget.

the portfolio is on the bottom of my homepage above right above the brown footer. Sorry my dropbox isn’t working so i can’t send a screenshot.

many thanks for your support.
celia

Hello Celia,

Please check this topic:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

This didn’t work for me any other suggestions.

Thanks
Celia

Hello Celia,

Please try to use this JS code in that plugin:

<script>
    jQuery(document).ready(function(){
        jQuery('.project-item a').removeAttr('href');
    });
</script>

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Yes I downloaded the plugin and inserted the code in the header section and saved it… the links are still there.

Maybe I’m missing something??

Hi Roman,

Apologies I just recently tried saving this code a different computer and worked…

Hi Roman,

have a received some feedback from my site and it has been suggested that the portoflio widget which is now disable still seems like to be links… is there a way to disable this completely… so when you hover it doesn’t highlight the image.

this is on the bottom of my homepage above the footer.

https://farmtomarketalliance.com

Many many thanks :slight_smile:

Hello Celia,

You can try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS.

.project-pop-wrap {
    display: none;
}

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

It didn’t work… the images are still highlighting when hoovering on top. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Celia

Hello Celia,

I have just tried to apply that code on your website using browser tools once again and it worked as it should.

I don’t see that code currently applied on your website, can you please describe how exactly you added it?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I used this code
.roll-project .project-item .project-pop { background: none; }/* remove orange translucent overlay on images above footer on home page */

Hello Celia,

So did you try to use the CSS code that I posted above?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I tried that but it didn’t take it off completely. When you moved the cursor over the photo is would turn orange I wanted that effect off too. But I figured it out.

thanks again!
Celia

It’s great that you figured it out Celia, you are welcome.

Kind Regards, Roman.