Is it possible make featured images on my blog thumbnail size?

Hi, I’m a wordpress beginner. Is it possible for me to make the featured images on my blog all thumbnail size and equally sized? Also if there is code for this where do I put it? And will it effect any other images on the site or just the blog? Thanks

Hi,

You can make all of your blog featured image the same size, by adding the same size of images as Featured Images, with code it’s not recommended to resize the already generated thumbnail sizes, because it may stretch / skew your images, so it’s better to resize the images in an image editor application ( Photoshop for example ).

Kind Regards,
Csaba

Ok thanks so I should re-start really. Ok. No probs. And the blog will keep the images the size I upload them as? So if I want them to look small. Just resize them really small? I’d like to get a lot of blog posts on one page if poss. They are showing masonry grid at the mo. Thanks

Hi,

Please try a few sizes and check which one fit your needs better, but also you can modify the thumbnail sizes in functions.php, from line 49, in this code:

add_theme_support( 'post-thumbnails' );
add_image_size('sydney-large-thumb', 830);
add_image_size('sydney-medium-thumb', 550);
add_image_size('sydney-small-thumb', 230);

Kind Regards,
Csaba