[Intervention] Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener

Hi, there was a problem. In the Vivaldi browser in the developer console, with each movement of the mouse wheel, a new error appears with the text:

[Intervention] Unable to preventDefault inside passive event listener due to target being treated as passive. See https://www.chromestatus.com/features/6662647093133312

At the same time the page “jumps” when scrolling, it is not very beautiful.

Problem in file /wp-content/themes/astrid/js/main.js?ver=5.1.1

How to fix this error?

Hello there,

Do you have a link to your site to share here, so I can have a look?

Regards,
Kharis

Unfortunately, I am doing a site on a local server and have not yet transferred it to hosting. I can take screenshots of errors if this helps.

I searched for information on the Internet, some people write that this problem has been observed in browsers on the Chrome engine since version 56. Touch events by default (under certain conditions) are set as passive. They say this is done in order to optimize the scrolling.
They recommend adding to the script: { passive: false }
But I can’t figure out exactly where to insert it.

They also write that in most cases it is generally better to use touch-action: none. I inserted this rule in CSS, but it does not work.

Hello there,

I am sorry for I can’t tell you much as I got nothing to test directly. Do you also experience this issue on Astrid demo site? Please let me know if the issue also occurs on other web browsers like Chrome and Firefox.

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you for your interest in solving my problem.

I checked the demo site - here is the result: an error appears every time the mouse wheel is scrolled.
But on your demo site visually everything is fine. And on my site there are “jumps”.

Vivaldi browser

Yandex browser (no errors)

EDGE browser does not work smooth scrolling on any sites, so everything is fine there.

I turned off the smooth scrolling and realized that without it, I like it more.
I just commented out the smooth scrolling code in the file, but I don’t know if I did it correctly. Tell me (as the developer of this topic) - how to disable smooth scrolling on the site? )) Thank.

Hi, I have the same problem. https://www.lepamami.si/
How to fix that?
Thank you.