Increased spacing on site after Wordpress update

Hello,

Since the latest Wordpress update, my Sydney site has increased space between the sidebar widgets and other elements.

For example, in a text widget on the homepage, there is increased space between the title and text (see below):

The same applies to author attributions in posts which I have created in

tags. There is now increased space within the element (see below):

You can also see increased space between widgets in the sidebar (see below):

Is there any CSS code or other way to fix this? My website is canzukinternational.com, but these problems will not show as I am using a sandbox testing area to show the above images.

Any help you can provide would be appreciated. I would just like to know a way to fix the increased spaces that have appeared.

James

Hi James,

I am sorry to hear that you’ve been into some issues. I am happy to help out.

To reduce the space on section’s title, try adding this CSS code to your website’s Additional CSS.

.panel-grid-cell .widget-title {
      margin-bottom: 20px;
    }

The spaces on each item on homepage’s ‘About Us’ section looks fine.

Have you been able to resolve it by yourself?

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 11.52.15

I don’t know where this part is located. Is it on separate page? Can you share the link here?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi @kharisblank,

Thank you for the response.

The images I sent above are in a testing site (sandbox) so they are not live on the current site.

I have also discovered that since the Wordpress update, this increased spacing (as you can see in the images) applies to text or images that are surrounded by center tags.

All the problems in the images above are because the text is surrounded by these tags (eg: center text text text /center

Is there a way to fix this? The spacing before and after center tags was fine before the wordpress update, but since the update, the spacing before and after center tags is too much.

Thank you for your help,

James

Hi James,

Thank you for getting back.

Since your website is still private, can you export the XML file of your website from the export menu under the Dashboard > Tools, then share it to a file sharing service like Google Drive, and share its public link here?

I’d like replicate your website and inspect the mentioned issues directly. Also, please mention the active plugins. Mention the name of the pages/posts contains the issues.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi @kharisblank,

Thank you for your reply and willingness to help.

Because the problem seems to be inside center tags, I have changed them to being inside div style tags and the problem is now solved.

For example, I have replaced all center tags with:

<div style="text-align:center"

Everything is now aligning up properly, so the issue is fixed. I am not sure if this is a good solution, but it does seem to work.

I appreciate your help though - thank you very much.

James

You’re welcome, James!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support