Increase padding in body text - Astrid

Hi -

I would like a little more padding on the left and right of the body text on my home page. I am using the standard Astrid theme.

How do I do that?

Thank you,
Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

Can you please provide a link to your website and some explanatory screenshots in order to illustrate what exactly you want to achieve?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Kind Regards, Roman.

Sure, it’s: http://michellemarketingstrategies.com/

I want it to be full-width, but with a little more padding. Right now, I think the text is spread too widely across the screen and is hard to read.

The only problem is that, when I adjust the padding or margins, it appears in white and looks funny in the colored widgets.

Thank you!
Jennifer

Also, this is only on desktop - it looks fine on mobile.

Hello Jennifer, thank you for the link.

I have just checked your website on Full HD monitor and it looks quite good.

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots if you still need help?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi -

Here’s a screenshot of the areas I’m looking at: http://michellemarketingstrategies.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Now.png

I’d like - on the desktop version, only - to have a little more white space on the sides in the full-width layout.

The problem is, when I alter the padding or margins to do that, it puts a white band on either side of the colored widgets, which I do not want.

I’ve put arrows in the areas in the screenshots where I’d like to have a little more space on either side of the full width area, however, I want to maintain the different colors.

Is that possible without messing up the mobile look, or the layout for 1/2 width or 1/3 width or anything else, for that matter?

Thank you!
Jennifer

Hello Jennifer,

You can try to use the following CSS code.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

@media (min-width: 1200px) {
    html body .container {
        width: 970px
    }
}

However, that will not affect multicolumn rows and I don’t think that there is an easy way to do the same to multicolumn rows.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you - and I appreciate the caution about the multi-column rows. Maybe I’ll rethink this. :slight_smile:

You are welcome Jennifer! :slight_smile:

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.