Incorrect permalink on post leads to multiple issues

Hello!

I have the ‘latest news’ widget on my home page (renamed: Proclamations (Blogs)), and my two test posts show up there, but when I click on the title, Our Decision to get off the Hamster Wheel, instead of opening the post so you can read the entire thing, it just takes me back up to the Slider. So I click on Blog on the menu to see if that will take me there, and it takes me to the posts page but again, it only shows me a portion of the blog, and again when I click the title to try to open the post, it take me back to the home page slider.

So I went to Posts and Edit, and when it opens the permalink is: http://www.royalescapades.com/about Bill and Kate, when it should be /blogs, but it won’t let me edit the permalink.

Sorry if I am not explaining myself very well. I hope you can follow!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! I thought I was getting to the home stretch, so I am a little frustrated.

Thanks!
Kate

Hello there,

I visited the link you shared, but it is displaying under-construction mode page. Is there any other way to check your page?

Regards,
Kharis

Thank you!

I have made the site live. You should be able to view it now.

Hello there,

Please try to enable the plain permalink structure, which can be done by going to Settings > Permalinks. Let me know if it does anything.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

You are BRILLIANT! That did it! Thank you so much! I really appreciate the assistance!

Kate