Include logo and short description on header

Hi,
When I upload my logo to replace the site’s header, the site’s short description desappears as well (http://distribuidores.amaled.com). Is it possible to have the header show my logo and the short description?

By the way, I posted my question on Alizee Pro forum and I use Alizee. My mistake, I’m sorry.

Hey,

That’s how it goes, the logo replaces the site title and description. If you have a child theme I can give you some code to display the logo + site description.

I do not have one at the moment but I will implement one if the code you mention will let me display logo + description.

Will that code still work if I go Alizee Pro? I’d like to go Pro, amongst other things, because I’d like to implement a specific Google font called Dosis. Do you know if Alizee Pro supports Dosis?
Thank you!!

It will still work, yes. Though you would need to change the child theme and apply it for Alizee Pro instead of Alizee. It basically means adding -pro Dosis is supported.

Hi Vlad,
I’m sorry for this newbie question, but I have created a child theme and now when I select a 3 column layout for my home, I get 2 colums instead. I have resaved manu and theme options and still get 2 columns instead of 3.
Can you thing of any obvious details that I may be missing?
Thanks in advance

Nope, you added any code?

No, I didn’t add any code as yet. Only created the directory and basic style.css and functions.php for the child theme.

The style.css for my child theme is as follows:

/*
Theme Name: Alizee Child
Author: jRufus
Template: alizee
Description: Alizee Child.
*/

And my functions.php:

<?php
function theme_enqueue_styles() {
wp_enqueue_style( ‘parent-style’, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
}
add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ );
?>

Well it seems right, not really sure what’s causing this. Might be that the bootstrap css file is loading after the parent style now.
Try changing this add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’ ); to this add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘theme_enqueue_styles’, 99 );

Hi Vlad,
It worked!!! Impressive! What does the 99 do???
Ok, can I then please have that code that allows logo + short description to be displayed on the header?
So far so good!! Thanks a lot for your propmt help
Josu

The 99 changes the priority at which your function is hooked into wp_enqueue_scripts.

• Copy header.php and paste it in your child theme;
  • look for <div class="site-branding"> and find <?php else : ?> below it. Delete that <?php else : ?>;
  • right below there is <h1 class="site-title">…</h1>. Delete that one too if you want to show only logo + description.