Import sydney customizer settings not working

Hello, I just went for the lifetime deal and now I tried to import the old customizer settings from sydney to sydney pro.

I found your guide https://docs.athemes.com/article/111-upgrading-from-sydney-to-sydney-pro
did it all but when I change to sydney pro and import the files I get a error message asking me to make sure I use the rught type of file. It´s the same file I exported before, just with the changes… “open that file in any text editor (like Notepad on Windows, TextWrangler on Mac) and do a Find&Replace (Ctrl+H in Notepad, ⌘F in TextWrangler) for s:6:"sydney" and replace with s:13:"sydney-pro-ii" . Save the file”

Hi Dean,

I am sorry to hear that you have run into issues. I am happy to help with your queries.

Can you import the file without any changes to the file before?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

yes, I can export and import it when I don´t change anything.

Hello there,

Thank you for updating me.

Doesn’t the imported setting load on your site or doesn’t it make any changes?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hello, when I want to upload the file it comes up with a error asking me to make sure that it´s a file of the plugin. So I can´t import it.

I exported the settings from sydney, saved the changes of the exported file, activated sydney pro and when I import I get this error.

Hello there,

Alternatively you can use this plugin instead. In the new exported .json file, replace this line:

"template":"sydney"

with:

"template":"sydney-pro-ii"

I request you giving it a try and let me know how it helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

1 Like

Thank you for the fast reply! Problem is solved!

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support