Img px to slider & header of pages

Hello Atheme,

I’ve searched in the topics and found similar question as mine, but there was no answers to the questions and the posts were shut down. If I have missed any my apologies and I would appreciate if you could point me toward the right direction.

I am trying to make this theme work for our company. We have the pro version and I am trying to figure what are the sizes to images for slider and images in header of pages?

I notice that the best img px is 1920x1080 and scale it down, but yet i find the pictures zoom into the wrong direction once is uploaded.

Thanks for the theme.

Amir

Hello Amir,

Please check this topic regarding header slider image size:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/screen-resolution-4/

Regarding page header images, they have 300px of height by default (you can change it in Customize → Header area → Header Media section) and they should work on screens with very different width. So I suggest you to use images that can be cropped significantly without losing something important (for example image that has something important in center).

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Atheme,

Thank you for your reply Roman. As you mentioned, I have tried Customize → Header area → Header Media and once I choose our image, it says to crop the image and then it fails. In Sydney Theme there was a option to skip cropping which is not available in Sydney Pro. Well, at least on our theme.

In regards to the slider and css codes found through the link, I tried different css settings and i don’t get an option of scaling. PS the pictures are scaled to 75% at 1920xp to 1080px before uploading to site .

Thank you in advance.

Amir

disregard my explanation on previous header image message.

I resized the picture to 1920px X 522px and scaled them to 75% before uploading to site. Once uploaded in media then head to Customize → Header area → Header Media and selected the image.

I still do get the question on cropping the image and once cropped it still fails. However, once you cancel the page you notice the picture being applied.

I’m assuming there is a glitch there or I could be still doing it wrong. hopefully in future updates it will be repaired if it is a glitch. I do like to point out that once the picture is upload to site i still see them in a file format VS the actual picture.

In regards to Slider I am still trying to figure that out.

Thank you

Amir

Amir, that crop issue looks like a server issue, please check this relevant topic:
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/there-has-been-an-error-cropping-your-image-4/

You can try to contact your hosting provider support regarding this issue and see what they say.

Also you might want to make sure that your server meets WordPress requirements:
https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

Thank you for notifying me on the server issue. After going through the links provided I figured the rewrite mode wan not enabled which then fixed the problem of cropping also my thumbnails were also showing properly.

Regarding the pictures size:
After trying different methods on the pictures of resizing and or scaling them, I still have the same issue. I also downloaded the content that is available for download from Atheme and looked at the slider sizes and tried the first picture on website at a size of 640px x 426px and once applied to the slider, it still zooms in tremendously which makes the picture quality very poor.

I am not sure what i am doing wrong here. I tried 72 & 96dpi on 1920px at 1275 as well as 1024x1024px as well as 640x426px

Thanks in advance,

Amir

Hello Amir,

What happens when you use Full HD 1920×1080 images?

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello Roman,

1920x1080 gives me a great quality result. However, it still zooms into the picture.

Hello Amir,

Can you please provide some explanatory screenshots?

You can upload screenshots to your WordPress Media Library and share a link, or you can use one of the online services (Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.).

Kind Regards, Roman.