Images not showing in Sydney

Hi, all my photo links have broken other than the slider on the home page.

The site was created in May 2017, I assumed I needed to update Wordpress and the Sydney Theme but that had all occurred automatically.

I tried adding the images again, all looks correct within the different methods but they still either don’t show or show as broken links when i view the site.

I’ve tried deactivating plugins, clearing cache on browser and Wordpress, no luck.

Some were placed using the Sydney theme (background images on call to action strips) some were placed with SiteOrigin plugin/widgets, and some custom headers to each page (other than Home page) were placed using a plugin called Unique Headers.

I don’t have lots of plugins and haven’t altered any code so completely stumped.

My client tells me it works on his PC, but I’ve tried it on a 2009 iMac, a brand new iMac, iPad 2 and new iPhone, all have same problem not showing the images.

Please help!

Hello there,

I am sorry to hear that you’ve run such that issue. I’d like to help. But please share a link to your site here to allow me checking it directly.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

the site is www.newcastleelectricalltd.com

The problem occurs in both Safari and Chrome on Mac, not tried any others

I checked your site and everything looks normal.

Does the issue present on inner page?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

All looks good at your end but the only images showing with me on homepage are within the slider at the top.

Missing on home page:
Wires image/background on both ‘Get a quote’ strips.
The Napit logo
The background image in the ‘Happy customers’ strip

Rest of pages:
The main image at top of page
All other images

Hello there,

Try flushing active cache applied with Endurance Page Cache. And try reloading your pages. Does it help resolve the issue?

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, the Endurance Cache was already set at 'Off (Level 0). Is this a good or bad thing?

I’m assuming the site will run slower, is there an optimum setting?

However, when looking for the settings I stumbled on the ‘Image performance’ within Jetpack. I have turned this off and it has fixed my problem!

If you could answer about the Cache setting please and that’ll be us finished :slight_smile:

I thing the issue might be with JetPack. Try disabling Photon module or other image optimisation modules by JetPack.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi, yes I turned the ‘Image Performance’ option off within Jetpack, that solved the problem.

Should the ‘Endurance Cache’ be on or not to help the site? Currently set at ‘Off (Level 0)’

Endurance Cache would not affect images visibility. That should be fine to enable.

Regards,
Kharis