Image width in posts

I’ve tried a number of themes now, including Fashionistas, and when I try to post an image that’s c.750px wide the theme reduces it to a width of 681px so it doesn’t fill the entire width of the post.

What would I need to put in a child theme to stop it from doing this? (I’ve contacted my webhost and they’ve said it’s not their system doing it, so I presume it must be the themes.)

Hello there,

Thank you for choosing our theme.

Can you share a link to your posts page or post details page and point me the location of the image you’ll need to fix the size?

It would be better if you can share a screenshot with some annotations to point the exact location.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

That’s okay, I have found a solution. If I use the Classic post Editor, and switch to Text View, I can edit out all the unnecessary HTML it’s added, and edit the image location to the image I want (I posted one image and it seems to have made it into half a dozen or so images of different sizes for whatever reason) and then it displays the image how I wanted it in the first place.

Thanks for the reply though.

Great!

Glad to hear that you figured out the problem.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support