Image resize employee section

Hi there!

Unfortunately, I can’t handle image resize on our page. I tried the proposals from sydney support but my *.php crashes with it (error on line 135). We need pictures in a certain size, not in a sydney-medium-thumb size. Could you help? Please!

Look at:

http://threeco.de/#pg-220-5

Thank you very much for your kind help!

Beate

Hello Beate,

I think you don’t need to do code modification. To avoid image cropping at maximum final size of image scaling which is defined with sydney-medium-thumb size name, use an image smaller than 550px x 400px.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

your proposal worked! Thank you very much! But how can I change the definition of the sydney-medium-thumb size? Is it possible?

Thank you very much in advance!

Beate

You’re welcome!

Yes, it’s possible. In the main theme’s functions.php file, find this line:

add_image_size('sydney-medium-thumb', 550, 400, true);

I’d recommend you to FTP your template file to do code modification. Avoid editing directly from Appearance > Editor.

Note: editing the main theme’s file isn’t recommended, as all files will be overwritten once you update the theme in the future.

Regards,
Kharis

Dear Kharis,

thank you very much for your information. I promise only to use it ‘in the case of’ :-). It is working now and you know - never change a runnings system.

Happy day to you out there somewhere in this world!

Beate

You’re welcome, Beate. Have a nice day!

Regards,
Kharis

Hello, can i have 6 image and view all in one page?
thank you

regards,
Andrea

Hello kharis,
I was hoping you could help me with my image issues on Sydney “employee” page. I cannot for the life of me get my new images to size up the way the images are sized up when the site was originally created about 3 plus years ago. Not sure what has changed, but I could sure use some help so that our employee page looks uniform and clean. Also, in looking over some of the other conversation about this same topic, I noticed there are some steps to take with “re-coding”, but I don’t know how to “re-code” the images.
Here is the page I am referring to: https://www.bfchemet.org/elder-team/
Thank you.

Hello there,

Technically all employees images will be resized down to 550px x 400px. This auto scaling will be ignored for of which smaller than specified size in this function:

add_image_size('sydney-medium-thumb', 550, 400, true);

Ideally, to get same size, all of your images have to be larger. To alter the default size in the function above, you could use a plugin – Simple Image Sizes. In the plugin’s settings, visit sydney-medium-thumb row and set your own size.

Regards,
Kharis