Image link for services a widget

Hi
Is there a way to link my images on my Service A widget to my pages? I’ve put the page link into my service page at the bottom but it will just link to the text underneath the featured image. Is there a way please?

Thank you

Hello there,

Thank you for asking.

By default it isn’t supported by the theme’s code. But you still have a chance to accomplish it by doing the following:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box

;(function($) {

'use strict'

if( $('.widget_sydney_services_type_a').length > 0 ){

$('.widget_sydney_services_type_a .service').each(function(){

var serviceURL = $(this).find('h3 a').attr('href');
        if(serviceURL){
          $(this).find('.service-thumb').wrapInner('<a href="'+serviceURL+'"></a>');
        }

});

}

})(jQuery);

1. Update

If your site is being cached by a plugin like W3 Total Cache, you should empty all cache before reloading your site to see the jQuery code addition takes affect.

You might need to clear your web browser’s cache as well.

Regards,
Kharis

Thanks very much. I had hoped it was there but I’d missed it. Seems a bit odd not to have it.
Anyway, I shall have a go and get back to you. I am using a temp web address and a child theme. Do you I need to make any extra consideration when it is time for me to swap over with my live site that I am trying to replace?
Also, I do see all these scripts being advised to fellow peers, I am not sure about many things including, do I have to consider anything if there are any updates to the Sydney theme with these additions? I think I do, but I am not sure what to do.

Thanks a lot.

Sorry but I have already installed CSS and JS plugin. So I add the JS script but not sure where. The comment on the sheet as shown below is already there and I do not know if I am meant to delete all of it and add your code or am I meant to “wrap your code inside”. Sorry for my lack of knowledge, I am working through all of this alone. thanks again

/* Add your JavaScript code here.

If you are using the jQuery library, then don’t forget to wrap your code inside jQuery.ready() as follows:

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ){
// Your code in here
});

End of comment */