I'm not able to change colours or fonts in my Sydney theme

Hello! Is there a bug in my Sydney theme? I’m trying to change the colour of the icons, the text, the call to action buttons etc but nothing happens. I was also trying to save the font style but that didn’t change either. I’ve typed the colour codes in the customize-section but they don’t show on the page.

I tried to fix it by deleting the Sydney theme and installed it again but the very same problem persistently continues. I don’t know if I should do that differently as it seems that it remembered the settings I had.
I’ve been trying to fix this for three days now and getting kind of desperate!
And to make it even more complicated the some of the changes I made do show on one mobile devise but not on my mobile, tablet or a laptop.

Do I need some sort of code to change the general colours? I try to get rid of the red colour as well as the black header and footer areas. I was able to change the black header into white but then I had the problem of the menu bar on mobile devises as I wasn’t able to change the menu colour to something else so it wasn’t visible (because the menu was also white). So I had to change it back to the default colour.

I don’t know anything about coding, but I found a couple of codes you suggested to other users and I copied them and was able to change the icon colours to something different ( not ideal solution though).
my website is www.designsocial.fi
I appreciate any help you can provide me!
THANKS!!!

Ulla

Hello Ulla,

Let’s try to resolve one issue at a time. So please specify one issue that you would like to resolve first.

Kind Regards, Roman.

How can I change the general colour scheme ( call to action buttons, icons etc) to something else than red? It doesn’t change it when I try to customize it.

Thanks for your assitance!

Hello!

Let’s start with the general colour scheme. How can I change the colour
from red to something else ( I mean the call to action buttons, Icons and
any red features that come automatically with the theme)?

thanks!

Ulla

Hello Ulla,

Try to change Primary color in Customize → Colors → General section.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi,

yes, I do know that. I’ve tried to do that several times but nothing
happens! Same applies to font colours, font types etc.

See the print screen enclosed where I’ve selected a different colour,
published it and it is still red.

Thanks for your help!

Best regards, Ulla

Hello Ulla,

Please temporarily deactivate all your plugins except Sydney Toolbox and Page Builder by SiteOrigin, and try to change that color once again. Also you might want to check this WordPress Codex page:
https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Kind Regards, Roman.

I’ve deactivated the plugins, I’ve cleared the browser cache… I’m still
not able to change the colours, the font sizes, styles etc.

I got some help from my friend who checked the codes and was able to change
some of the critical colours but I’m still stuck with the rest of the
customization.

best regards, Ulla

Hello Ulla,

You can try to rebuild your website in a staging environment or locally and see if it works as it should (then you will be able to move rebuilt website to production environment). Please remember about importance of regular full site backups (files and database):
https://codex.wordpress.org/WordPress_Backups

Here are helpful tutorials:

Kind Regards, Roman.