Icons, Lines & Buttons Wrong Color

Hello!
My icons, the lines right below headers in sections on the front page and the CTA are all the wrong color (including the circle around the icon). I updated my fonts and added my primary color under the customization link in the dashboard and then built out my homepage and realized that the fonts were reverted to the font that comes with the theme so I fixed it and the icon, CTA box and line colors reverted to the ones that come with the theme. Can someone help me with how to fix them?

Full disclosure: I’m not a techie AT ALL, just a business owner trying to build a website on a shoestring budget. Please halp!

Hello there,

It shouldn’t happen with the latest version of Sydney. The color option for primary color applied for services icons, circle, and CTA button as well. Are you running the latest version?

Regards,
Kharis

It’s this version: Version: 1.43
Installed on 12/24. I started to build the site on 12/27ish.
The version I downloaded is 1.41 but it’s running on the 1.43 version now. Is there somewhere I need to update?

Definitely still having the issue and I’m really frustrated. Is this a theme bug or is the theme not customization available for that theme?

I would like to apologize in advance for the delay. Is there any caching plugin enabled? If so, please flush it and then reload your site. FYI this often blocks styles update to take effect on your site. Refer to this codex page, please.

If possible, please share a link to your site, so I can have a closer look.

Regards,
Kharis

Sure. The link is www.ek.marketing.

Hello there,

Viewing the source code of your site with the web browser, I found the Endurance Page Cache plugin enabled and blocked recent changes in the customizer. Please visit the plugin administration panel (Dashboard > Plugins) and see if it can be disabled temporarily. If it can’t be found, perhaps your host enabled it by default. Please consult to your hosting support department.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi! I contacted my webhost and they disabled the Endurance Page Cache plugin and I went in and tried to change it again but it’s still not working :confused:

Hello there,

Please share a link of your site, so I can check.

Regards,
Kharis

Sure. It’s www.ek.marketing.

Hello there,

Please try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.widget-area .widget_fp_social a,#mainnav ul li a:hover, .sydney_contact_info_widget span, .roll-team .team-content .name,.roll-team .team-item .team-pop .team-social li:hover a,.roll-infomation li.address:before,.roll-infomation li.phone:before,.roll-infomation li.email:before,.roll-testimonials .name,.roll-button.border,.roll-button:hover,.roll-icon-list .icon i,.roll-icon-list .content h3 a:hover,.roll-icon-box.white .content h3 a,.roll-icon-box .icon i,.roll-icon-box .content h3 a:hover,.switcher-container .switcher-icon a:focus,.go-top:hover,.hentry .meta-post a:hover,#mainnav > ul > li > a.active, #mainnav > ul > li > a:hover, button:hover, input[type="button"]:hover, input[type="reset"]:hover, input[type="submit"]:hover, .text-color, .social-menu-widget a, .social-menu-widget a:hover, .archive .team-social li a, a, h1 a, h2 a, h3 a, h4 a, h5 a, h6 a,.classic-alt .meta-post a,.single .hentry .meta-post a {
        color:#fff000 !important;
    }
    .reply,.woocommerce div.product .woocommerce-tabs ul.tabs li.active,.woocommerce #respond input#submit,.woocommerce a.button,.woocommerce button.button,.woocommerce input.button,.project-filter li a.active, .project-filter li a:hover,.preloader .pre-bounce1, .preloader .pre-bounce2,.roll-team .team-item .team-pop,.roll-progress .progress-animate,.roll-socials li a:hover,.roll-project .project-item .project-pop,.roll-project .project-filter li.active,.roll-project .project-filter li:hover,.roll-button.light:hover,.roll-button.border:hover,.roll-button,.roll-icon-box.white .icon,.owl-theme .owl-controls .owl-page.active span,.owl-theme .owl-controls.clickable .owl-page:hover span,.go-top,.bottom .socials li:hover a,.sidebar .widget:before,.blog-pagination ul li.active,.blog-pagination ul li:hover a,.content-area .hentry:after,.text-slider .maintitle:after,.error-wrap #search-submit:hover,#mainnav .sub-menu li:hover > a,#mainnav ul li ul:after, button, input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], .panel-grid-cell .widget-title:after {
        background-color:#fff000 !important;
    }
    .roll-socials li a:hover,.roll-socials li a,.roll-button.light:hover,.roll-button.border,.roll-button,.roll-icon-list .icon,.roll-icon-box .icon,.owl-theme .owl-controls .owl-page span,.comment .comment-detail,.widget-tags .tag-list a:hover,.blog-pagination ul li,.hentry blockquote,.error-wrap #search-submit:hover,textarea:focus,input[type="text"]:focus,input[type="password"]:focus,input[type="datetime"]:focus,input[type="datetime-local"]:focus,input[type="date"]:focus,input[type="month"]:focus,input[type="time"]:focus,input[type="week"]:focus,input[type="number"]:focus,input[type="email"]:focus,input[type="url"]:focus,input[type="search"]:focus,input[type="tel"]:focus,input[type="color"]:focus, button, input[type="button"], input[type="reset"], input[type="submit"], .archive .team-social li a {
        border-color:#fff000 !important;
    } 

Replace #fff000 to the color code of your choice.

Regards,
Kharis

Okay, I totally did that and it turned everything back to that red color. Here’s the color code i"m using:

I’m* using: #019798. It’s the same color as my logo that’s the header image. Why is this site reading that color as the red instead of the turquoise? I’m so frustrated. Grrrr.

Hello there,

There might be a site cache issue. But not really sure exactly – it’s a very rare issue. To fix it, please try deactivate cache plugin (if any), then switch to the default WordPress theme, delete Sydney theme; afterwards install and activate the fresh one of Sydney. Then setup your custom colors in the customizer.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi!
Thank you for your reply. I’m willing to move forward with this as long as you PROMISE I won’t lose my entire website and have to start over.

Thanks!

So I wont lose all of my widgets, content and formatting, correct? Except for the formatting I WANT to lose.

Okay, I did all of those things and it still didn’t work. This is so frustrating!!

Hi there! Any more ideas? I’m still having this issue.

I would like to apologize in advance for the long delay as didn’t subscribe to this topic. Thus I haven’t gotten any replies notification. Sorry :frowning:

Please share a link to your site, so I can have closer look.

Regards,
Kharis

It’s www.ek.marketing