I purchased Astrid Pro on a different account and am unable to log in to it. Reset password link isn't working either

Hi all,

I purchased Astrid Pro for site ryangrieser.com, however I didn’t own an account on this site, but it still let me purchase it for $53.10. The email I used was rxg462@cim.edu, but when I try to log on to download the plugin, I can’t sign into my account. Can someone in support help me? I have the order reference and everything.

Thanks!

Hi Ryan,

What happens when you try and login?

Charlie

Hi Charlie,

It says that my other email rxg462@cim.edu is registered with an account, but I don’t have a password to log into that account. And when I try to reset my password, an email never gets sent to that email. So I created another account on this site with my other email ryangrieserviola@gmail.com in the hopes you’d be able to recover my other account or be able to credit this account with the plugin I bought.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Charlie,

I’m just checking in to see if you are able to help me recover my purchase I made a few days ago? If you could help reset the password to my rxg462@cim.edu account or credit this account instead with my purchase, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I’ve sent an email to your gmail account with your password for your edu account.

Hi Charlie,

I was able to log into my edu account right now, and am replying with it in this thread. However, it says I need to verify my account by having a link sent, and I don’t think that link is working wither because I haven’t received an email yet. Once this is fixed, I think everything should be fine!

Thanks,

Ryan