I have purchased the Sydney Pro upgrade

I have purchased the Syndey Pro ungrade and have not received an email or any other corispondence as to how or when I will be receiving this upgrade. Can anyone here help me out. I was sent an email saying that the download would be located under my profile on this website, yet there is nothing there…

I have no phone numbers to call anyone about this, and this makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Thanks!

Rod Niemier

Hello there,
I would like to apologize in advance for the inconvenience. I’ve assigned this ticked to Charlie who manages it and he will be able to resolve it shortly as get this notification. Please note that it might take some times because of we’re distributed team working remotely from different time zones. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Kharis

I have sent 2 emails to Charlie and have received no response. Does Athemes provide a customer support phone number? I mean this is really poor customer service. When I pay for a download I expect to be able to download it imediately. I should not have to wait days and days to get the download.

I will give this a while, but I won’t wait a week to get this resolved as my needs are pressing!

Rod Niemier
Handyman Hubby

Hi kharisblank,

Additionally you sent me to Help Scout! I am not a Help Scout subscriber nor do I want to be. I am a Sydney Pro 2 subscriber. Not sure if Help Scout is an Athemes product or not, however this is not relevant as I am not interested in this product.

Please send me the upgrade for the Sydney Pro 2 theme.

Thanks!

Rod Niemier
Handyman Hubby

Hello there,

Please check out this documentation.

Sorry, phone call support doesn’t really work for us as we are distributed team working remotely from different continents.

Regards,
Kharis

How soon can I expect to get my update?

Please check my account. There is nothing to doenload??? Your documentation
does not work. Nothing in my downloads account to download???

I am trying to resolve this quickly but one email every 24 hours is taking
way too much time.

And how do I login? There is no login screen and only a registration
screen. I have already registered.

Not an easy site to navigate and you are in the web site business???

To log in, go here, please:

Regards,
Kharis

This does not work. All I get are error messages.

I have an idea… test your solution before you suggest it because nothing
you have provided has worked thus far.