I don`t see the post images

Hi, I use Sydney Theme , but in the post list ( the latest 10 Post for example) I don´t see the image that I put in my Post Thanks Anna

Hello Anna,

Did you set featured images?

Kind Regards, Roman.

yes but it stay over the post name and I want it under the post name:-)

Okay Anna,

In this case you have to go to public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney via SFTP or cPanel and open content.php file with text editor.

Then find this part of code:

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'index_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?>
	<div class="entry-thumb">
		<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?></a>
	</div>
<?php endif; ?>

<header class="entry-header">
	<?php the_title( sprintf( '<h2 class="title-post"><a href="%s" rel="bookmark">', esc_url( get_permalink() ) ), '</a></h2>' ); ?>

<?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() && get_theme_mod('hide_meta_index') != 1 ) : ?>
	<div class="meta-post">
		<?php sydney_posted_on(); ?>
	</div><!-- .entry-meta -->
	<?php endif; ?>
</header><!-- .entry-header -->

…replace it with this code and save the file:

<?php the_title( sprintf( '<h2 class="title-post"><a href="%s" rel="bookmark">', esc_url( get_permalink() ) ), '</a></h2>' ); ?>

<?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() && get_theme_mod('hide_meta_index') != 1 ) : ?>
	<div class="meta-post">
	<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'index_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?>
		<a href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?></a>
	</div>
<?php endif; ?>

You have to override this modified content.php file in a child theme if you don’t want to repeat this modification after every theme update.

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Ohh Thanks a lot, this is what I am searching for, have a nice day!!! Thanks Anna

You are welcome Anna!

And have a nice day as well :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi and sorry one more time, but when I go to read my post (to read whole post) , the image is still over the post and not under the post name, can I change it ?Thanks Anna

Hi and sorry one more time, but when I go to read my post (to read whole post) , the image is still over the post and not under the post name, can I change it ?Thanks Anna

Okay Anna,

The process is very similar to previous solution.

Please go to public_html/wp-content/themes/sydney via SFTP or cPanel, open content-single.php file with text editor and find this part of code:

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'post_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?>
		<?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?>
	</div>
<?php endif; ?>

<?php the_title( '<h1 class="title-post">', '</h1>' ); ?>

<?php if (get_theme_mod('hide_meta_single') != 1 ) : ?>
	<div class="meta-post">
	<?php endif; ?>

…replace it with this code and save the file:

<?php the_title( '<h1 class="title-post">', '</h1>' ); ?>

<?php if (get_theme_mod('hide_meta_single') != 1 ) : ?>
	<div class="meta-post">
	<?php endif; ?>

<?php if ( has_post_thumbnail() && ( get_theme_mod( 'post_feat_image' ) != 1 ) ) : ?>
		<?php the_post_thumbnail('sydney-large-thumb'); ?>
	</div>
<?php endif; ?>

And again, you have to override this modified content-single.php file in a child theme if you don’t want to repeat this modification after every theme update.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Magic:-) Thanks a lot , have a nice day and I hope I didn´t take lot of your time …Best Regards Anna

You are welcome Anna :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.