I bought & downloaded Moesia Pro. What next?

Hi there, I wonder if you can help me. I am unsure how to install the new moesia pro. Do I need a new sub domain with bluehost for it. How do I install it without losing all I have done with the free theme which I am happy with. Thank you.

Hello,

Thank you for buying Moesia Pro.

You would need to go to Appearance > Themes > Add New (at the top) > Upload theme (also at the top) > Select your zip file, install it and activate it.

You’ll lose customizations (custom colors and stuff like that) but you won’t lose any kind of content or your front page setup. It’s basically a different theme and a different name, that’s why you’ll lose your customizations.

If you feel that you can’t manage it, feel free to make an admin account for me and send it to vlad[at]athemes.com and I’ll install it for you.

Hello from Germany, we´ve also purchased and downloaded the MOESIA PRO. But now that i´ve tried to install the revslider.zip, wordpress stops after unpacking and while installing with the note: "package couldn´t be installed. style.css stylesheet is missing"
Please help a bloody beginner to proceed at working with MOESIA PRO.

What am i doing wrong?

Regards, Sebastian

By any chance, did you unpack the moesia-pro.zip on your computer and tried to upload revslider.zip as a theme? You only need to follow the steps I’ve written above, but use the moesia-pro zip file. After you install the theme you’ll get a notice to install the Revolution slider if you want it, which you’ll do from your dashboard, no need to upload it manually.

Hi Vlad, thanks for the quick reply. I exactly followed your instructions above.
But after downloading the moesia pro from the link in our purchase receipt, the only .zip-file that exists in the folder is “revslider.zip” and that´s what i´ve tried to upload.
Where´s my mistake?

Not sure how you downloaded a folder, the file you get after purchase is a zip file and it’s called moesia-pro.zip. That’s the file you’re supposed to upload. You have an auto-unzipper or something?

Anyway, please check again what you’ve downloaded and if you can’t do it, please feel free to make an admin account for me and send it to vlad[at]athemes.com and I’ll install it for you.

Hi Vlad, you´re my man of the day! You we´re right, i do have an automatic unzip mode which needs to be disabled first. After doing this, all went well.

Have a good day and thanks a lot from germany,

Sebastian

Cool, I’m glad you managed to figure it out.

Regards,
Vlad

OK thanks Vlad. I will have a go myself as I am so proud of what I have done so far and I am a complete beginner hahaha !!! If I’m back its because I failed !!! My get you to help me then. Thanks again from Ireland :wink:

I get the following error message - any ideas?

The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.

Your host limits the maximum upload size in php.ini. You can either locate php.ini and find upload_max_filesize and change it to a bigger value or you can install the theme via FTP. Unfortunately, there isn’t anything we can do on our end to help you with this unless you can provide FTP access so we can upload the theme for you. If you want, you can send the info on vlad[at]athemes.com.

Hi,

I cannot upload my background image in the header section. The header section also does not display the current image in it.

Hello,

Could you post a link to your website? Also, it is better if you open your own topic so we can keep track of things.

Hi, I bought the Moesia Pro theme but I have not received yet any email with the zipped file… Panagiotis from UK

Hello,

I just tried to send it to you manually and it seems that your email address is incorrect. Could you please send me an email to vlad[at]athemes.com and I will reply with the zip file?

For sure a very stupid question for you, but I can not figure out how to make the slides (pictures) I added to the revolution slider to fit perfectly on the display. They get cropped at the bottom. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I get rid of the transition effects? I just one a simple one. Tnx.

You probably forced the slider to be full screen and your images might not fit entirely. See the slider settings and make sure Unlimited Height is on.
To what transitions are you referring?

Can’t seem to find the Unlimited Height setting. Where is it?

The transition effects I am referring to are the ones that show when I hit “preview”. The slides I uploaded change from one to the next by doing weird effects, like tiling or breaking apart in pieces to show the next. Very much like the tacky power point slide effects. :S

See here please on the official Rev Slider documentation for the Unlimited Height please: http://www.themepunch.com/faq/unlimited-height/
The transitions are automatically set to random, you can change them on a slide by slide basis. Here is the documentation from the developers of this plugin: http://revolution.themepunch.com/documentation/
Here are some video guides that we’re also linking on our own documentation page: http://revolution.themepunch.com/video-guides