I am having trouble installing/ activating the demo content on Sydney Pro

Installing Plugin from uploaded file: sydney-settings.xml
Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Return to Plugins page

Hello there,

It seems like the Toolset Types plugin isn’t being activated. You don’t have to do importing the sydney-settings.xml though. A couple of months a go we developed a plugin to replace this route. You just need to install and activate the Sydney Toolbox plugin.

Regards,
Kharis

I have the same challenge, when the file (SYDNEY_DEMO_CONTENT.XML) is being uploaded, it would just return a blank page with the header Import WordPress, if I refresh the page it gives the following error
"Sorry, there has been an error.
File is empty. Please upload something more substantial. This error could also be caused by uploads being disabled in your php.ini or by post_max_size being defined as smaller than upload_max_filesize in php.ini."

upload_max_filesize was increased from 256MB to 512MB, yet to positive result.

Please help

Hello there,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve run into issue.

Not sure if it’s theme related issue. The error message you shared indicates there’s a server configuration problem. To fix this, I’d strongly recommend you consult to your web hosting support department.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for your response

I had a chat with the Support department of the host company, they are also suggest I talk with the developer, however i notice some filesin the media library sydney_demo_content.xml.txt with extension txt, this is strange and their are many of it, which might indicate the number of times I have tried to import the XML file

could you look at it from that angle

Hello there,

Please checkout this documentation and try to follow the automatic update. See if the issue continues appearing.

Regards,
Kharis

Hello,

I have tried the automatic import before I result to manual, I got “Error: Internal Server Error (500)”.

Hi Kharis, could you help me try and upload the file from you end, I can make any headway from here. It is frustrating, my email address is laide_lawal@yahoo.com, if you can hi me, I would send in login details

Hi Kharis, could you help me try and upload the file from you end, I can’t make any headway from here. It is frustrating, my email address is laide_lawal@yahoo.com, if you can hi me, I would send in login details

I have talked with host company, they said there was no log record of error related to that on their server, that it has to do with the plugin.

I am still waiting for your response

Hello there,

I am sorry for the delay. Please share the login credentials to your site admin to kharisblank@gmail.com. Mention the link to this topic to indicate that it comes from you.

Regards,
Kharis