How to use Font Awesome

Hello,

I would like to use Font Awesome.
Is there any way to have my site load Font Awesome by using Snippet or other means except using a plug-in?

I hope this question is within the scope of your support.

Kind regards,

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help with your queries.

You can use a child theme to enqueue additional scripts like Font Awesome, that requires some coding works on the child theme’s functions. If you have WordPress coding knowledge, you’ll be easily to go.

We have a child theme for Sydney already, which you can use as a starter.

Further adding, follow the guide on this article: How to Manually add Font Awesome to WordPress?, that better explains on doing such this task.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for your response.
Using a child theme is something that I have tried hard to avoid because it looks beyond my capacity.

Let me tell you what I want to do; I want to add the css code below that will enable posts to have the dates of updating in addition to the dates of publishing. With this css code , I can have an icon before the date of updating (an icon called refresh). It does not have to be an icon of FontAwesome. Does Sydney have preloaded icons, like ones for calendar and author on post pages, that I can use instead of Font Awesome?

time.updated:not(.published) {
	display: inline;
}
time.updated:not(.published):before {
	font-family: FontAwesome;
	content: "\00a0\f021";
}

Thanks,

Hi,

We have dropped the Font Awesome script out from newer versions of Sydney.

Alternatevely, you still be able to load it with the help of this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/font-awesome/.

I hope this reply helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharis,

Thank you for your reply.
As you suggested, using the plugin seems to be the solution for me.

Best regards,

Great!

Glad to know the plugin works for you.

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support