How to update the child theme?

Hi All,

I downloaded the child Airi child theme from the website since that’s the recommended theme installation. How do I update the child theme? There’s not an easy 1-click option to update the childtheme within wordpress > themes.

Hello there,

There’s no newer version for Airi child theme. No need to update.

Let me know in new topic if you have something we can help with.

Visit the documentation for Airi here to help you easier getting started to work with Airi.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi,

Ok thanks. But isn’t child theme outdated since the parent version is 1.0.8?

Hello there,

The child theme’s functions only contains a few lines of code, which the purpose is to load main theme’s style. Also there’s no CSS code in the style.css of child theme, except theme’s info. So, no update required. It will still be compatible with recent and future versions of Airi and WordPress code.

Regards,
Kharis

Hi Kharis,

Just to clarify, even though I installed the child theme, you’re saying that it will be the latest Airi theme 1.0.9? How is that so if I downloaded the childtheme a while ago? THanks.

Hello there,

If you weren’t using Airi child theme from the beginning, you might lose some configurations added through theme’s customizer. Because a child theme is identified by WordPress system as different theme. Thus you may need to do export/import customzer data with this plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/customizer-export-import/.

Regards,
Kharis