How to show category name on post title

Hi, i have a problem. I wanna show the category name on the post title as like as on the demo. What should i do? Thank you.
Here is my blog http://embunhikmah.com/

Hi, that option should be available by default. Try to disable some of the plugins you are using. Start with this one Sharedaddy, you are using it, right?

I am not using Sharedaddy. I’ve been disable the plugins but it effects nothing. There are plugins in my panel: Akismet, custom nextpage, disqus, jetpack, wordpress seo, and wp edit.

I know what if the category name that showed before the post title must be typed on the post title. But, in http://embunhikmah.com/, the problem is the category name not showing on the bottom of the post, beside the label tags, looks like the demo.

Please help me to show the category name. Thank you.

Hi M

It seems you have customized the content.php file.

Please check the content.php file and see if the following set of codes is in there.

<footer class="entry-meta entry-footer">
		<?php if ( 'post' == get_post_type() ) : ?>
			<?php
				$categories_list = get_the_category_list( __( ', ', 'athemes' ) );
				if ( $categories_list && athemes_categorized_blog() ) :
			?>
			<span class="cat-links">
				<?php printf( __( '<i class="ico-folder"></i> %1$s', 'athemes' ), $categories_list ); ?>
			</span>
			<?php endif; ?>

<?php
				$tags_list = get_the_tag_list( '', __( ', ', 'athemes' ) );
				if ( $tags_list ) :
			?>
			<span class="tags-links">
				<?php printf( __( '<i class="ico-tags"></i> %1$s', 'athemes' ), $tags_list ); ?>
			</span>
			<?php endif; ?>
		<?php endif; ?>
	<!-- .entry-meta --></footer>

Yes, this particular line is for displaying categories:

<span class="cat-links">
    <?php printf( __( '<i class="ico-folder"></i> %1$s', 'athemes' ), $categories_list ); ?>
</span>

Ok, Mr. Dmikjones. I will try it first. Thank you for guiding me…
i will give the report later… :slight_smile:

Mr. Dmikjones. I have corrected the code that you suggest on me. But, it still effect nothing. The icon folder and category name were not showing on footer of post. :frowning:

Try to overwrite content.php with this one (it is from my Hiero theme installation and it displays correctly).

I noticed that disqus plugin return some errors but I never used it so I can’t tell, maybe it is issue with it because it is altering database or maybe you integrated it in theme files directly.

Anyway if my content.php file won’t work I suggest that you download Hiero theme and to install it in for example hiero1 folder manually and then try.

Last option unfortunately would be new WP install.

Regarding Category name before title on demo page, it is typed in post title directly. Showing category automatically before the title can be set with little modification but first let’s see why category wont show below the post.

i’ve followed your suggestions. But, it still nothing happen about icon folder and category name below the post. I give up. Thank you so much for your time. I really love this theme anyway… :smiley: