How to set a larger image in the Header Image

Customize > Header area > Header Image

Upload an image and crop it.
The resolution of the cropped image is 1920*1080.

If my image resolution is 4K, upload and crop it on a 4k display, is the header image resolution 1920*1080?

If so, how to increase the clipping effect of 4k resolution.(uploaded and cropped and then 2048×1080 4096*2160 resolution)

In addition, how to upload header image in batch operation?

Hello,

I’m not sure what exactly is your issue. Can you please provide more details, a link to your website, and some explanatory screenshots?

In addition, how to upload header image in batch operation?

Please create a new topic for this issue to keep forum in good order and make it easier to help you.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for your kind reply.

Under normal circumstances:
Suppose my image resolution is 4096×2160

1. Upload and crop “header image”
  2. wp-content/uploads/…, we get cropped-Wallpaper with different resolutions (480×270, 550×400…768×432, 1200×1080, 1920×1080)
  3. My understanding is that these different resolution images will automatically adapt to different resolution display devices.

My question:
If my display device resolution is 4096×2160, there is no larger resolution image in wp-content/uploads/…

1. At this time, does the custom “header image” show the resolution of the original image or 1920×1080?

2. I want to achieve a “header image” resolution of 4096*2160. What should I do?

I look forward to your reply. Thank you.

Hello,

My understanding is that these different resolution images will automatically adapt to different resolution display devices.

No, actually one size is used for all resolutions. You can read more about Thumbnail Sizes here:

At this time, does the custom “header image” show the resolution of the original image or 1920×1080?

You haven’t provided a link to your website, so I can’t answer this question. But I suppose that it shows 1920×1080px or lower resolution image (see below).

I want to achieve a “header image” resolution of 4096*2160. What should I do?

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it properly without coding since that size is set in inc/custom-header.php file (it’s 1920×1080px). But I wouldn’t suggest you to use 4K image there because it will be used on mobile devices as well.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello, Roman.

You can view my page via this link site link

If I modify inc/custom-header.php file, (1920x1080 to 4096x2160)

function sydney_custom_header_setup() {
	add_theme_support( 'custom-header', apply_filters( 'sydney_custom_header_args', array(
		'default-image'          => get_template_directory_uri() . '/images/header.jpg',
		'default-text-color'     => '000000',
		'width'                  => 4096,
		'height'                 => 2160,

Is there an error in this?

At this time, my head image is the cropped thumbnail (1920x1080)or the original image (4096x2160)?

Or, such a change shows no problem on the PC, and an error is displayed on the mobile device? Please do not consider the page response time, I can accept.

Thank you very much for your patience.

Hello,

You can view my page via this link site link

I still can’t check your website, this link is invalid.

If I modify inc/custom-header.php file, (1920x1080 to 4096x2160) … Is there an error in this?

You can modify that file, but please note that you would have to repeat the modification after each theme update (if you don’t override modified file in a child theme):

At this time, my head image is the cropped thumbnail (1920x1080)or the original image (4096x2160)?

I still can’t check it since the link above is invalid.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hello,

I made some attempts and modifications myself and got verified.

I think you have already made a good reply.

thank you very much!

Okay, you are welcome!

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future.

Kind Regards, Roman.