How to remove slugs on pages

Hello there!

I hope you are all doing well today :slightly_smiling_face:

Can anyone please tell me how to remove the slug on each page? When I click the Quick Edit button under each page name, delete what is in the ‘slug’ field, and hit the update button, the slug is still there when I go back and click the Quick Edit button to check.

I’m not sure what’s going on because I was able to remove slugs before and I don’t know why the pages on my site [www.weexplorefoodplacespeople.com] has slugs again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Donna

Hello Donna,

I’m not sure what exactly you want to achieve, can you please describe it more precisely?

I’m asking this because each page should have its own slug, so you can’t just delete it.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi there, Roman,

I hope you are well today :slight_smile:

Thank you for responding to my query.

You see where when you click the Quick Edit button under the page name in the Pages tab of the Admin site? There’s a field there for the slug, right? I want that field to be empty so that this section [please see attached… I have highlighted in red the section that I want removed] won’t have the words Food/People/Places anymore, as those categories are already on the header section.

I was told before that that is how I can remove those on my blog site… to keep the slug field empty.

Thanks again in advance for your help.

Hello Donna,

Please try to use the following CSS code instead in order to hide (not remove) those elements.

You can add CSS code in Customize → Additional CSS section.

.page-header {
    display: none;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

Thanks again for responding to my query :slight_smile:

I just tried it and it worked! Yay!!! Thanks so much… I really appreciate your help.

I have another question: is there a way to put the Search button on my site where the page names are? Like after the last page, Send Me A Message… on the rightmost part of that black section?

You are welcome Donna! :slight_smile:

I don’t think that there is an easy way to do it, but you can add a Search widget on top of your sidebar.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Roman,

I don’t really like to put the Search bar on top of my sidebar. I want it on the same line [or header] as the page names on my site, on the rightmost section. Is that even possible?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

Donna

Hello Donna,

It’s possible, but it looks like this issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a reputable freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Okay, got it. Thanks so much for your help, Roman! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

xx Donna

You are welcome Donna! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

closed #11