How to remove product ID tag on front end

Hi there

Our bookstore uses one of your themes “booklovers” and i would like to remove product ID and only use SKU as this is affecting our ability to use a stock count app to inventory management.

Hi,

This seems likely be related to WooCommerce specific setting. But I need to check it directly to find out whether theme could handle this or not.

Can you share a link to your product needing help with?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi

this is our website, www.xarrabooks.com
The ID issue shows up on all products when you click on a product it will show SKU, products category and product ID… so the problem is that when i scan the physical product product on the woocommerce inventory count phone app it can’t find the product because it only reads the product ID which is generated by woo commerce i think. This product ID wasn’t there on the previous theme that’s why i was thinking it’s the theme.

Hi,

I checked one of your product.

Were you referring to this part?

Please confirm.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi

I’m referring to Product ID:

how to remove it, as i mentioned on the title of my problem. “Product ID” i want to remove it from all products.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back.

Try adding this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

.product_meta .product_id {
      display: none !important;
    }

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Hi Kharisblank

Thanks for your assistance, your solution did remove the product ID, however the problem i am facing is that, i want the product ID to be the SKU or ISBN instead of the one generated by woocommerce or theme or whichever is generating the product ID, coz the problem is that my inventory plugin is detecting the product ID instead of the SKU or ISBN number which i have on the books as you have seen on our products. So when i try to generate a product list from the website it reflects the product ID and not the isbn, so when i try to scan my product using barcode reader or phone app it can’t find the product coz of the product ID number which is auto generated.

On the previous theme or website it never generated a product ID instead it used only the SKU or ISBN which we added for the particular book.

Hi Kharisblank

Are you still able to help me out?

Hi,

​Please accept my apologies for the delay in response. I really appreciate your patient.

I am not sure this issue is a theme-related. I’d like inspect this further. Can you share the CSV export of your products to Google Drive, and share its public link?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

No problem, thanks for your assistance.

I have sent you the link to the csv file via email.

Hi Kharisblank

I’ve attached a screenshot of what i’m trying to accomplish, this is the woocommerce inventory plugin i use, so it’s supposed to generate a file list of all the products with their SKU numbers, but instead it’s now generating product IDs so, when i load this file on my mobile device and try to scan the physical product bar code, it can’t find the code because the generated list has product ID instead of SKU/ISB

Hi,

I am sorry, I didn’t receive your email. I’d request re-sending it to kharisblank@gmail.com. Mention the link to this topic in your message body to help me better recognize you in my inbox.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

I have sent it to that address.

Hi,

I am sorry, I didn’t receive your email. You may not believe it. But I’ve checked multiple times and checked in spam folder as well.

Did you type my email address correctly?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support