How to remove (more...) from services excerpt?

Hello,

is there any way to remove (more…) tag from excerpt in services?

I just want to display first 40 words or all info until the <!–more–> tag. I managed to change the default number of words, but I also want to remove the (more…) info when the tag is reached.

Please help me with this.

Hello Tezcatlipoca,

It looks like your issue requires some coding and testing, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization.

As an option, you can contact Codeable for this kind of service, or find a freelancer on Upwork.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thank you for your information. Maybe I badly described the problem.

Please take a look on the screenshot:

There is “(more…)” text at the end of the each service. I just want to delete it if possible or make it a link to the service itself.

Hello Tezcatlipoca,

Please try to do the following.

Go to wp-content/themes/astrid/inc/framework/widgets folder via SFTP or cPanel, open front-services.php file with a text editor, replace <?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_content(), 12 ); ?> with <?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_content(""), 12 ); ?>, save changes.

Please note that you will have to repeat this modification after theme update if you not override modified .php file in a child theme.

Kind Regards, Roman.

It works! Thank you so much!

You are welcome Tezcatlipoca! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.

Hi Tezcatlipoca,

How did you manage to limit the default number of words displayed? Thanks.

Nevermind, I’ve found it. Now I just have an annoying “…” do you know how to remove it?

Hello @lfgomes,

Please check the solution above.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Adapted code like mentioned here but still having “…”. How can I get rid of them?

Thanks and kind regards, LiCeT

Hello LiCeT,

Can you please create a new topic and specify there which code you have used?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I’ve used the proposed modification here and I still get the “…” at the end of each sentence. Please take a look at www.lusitalia.pt

Hello @lfgomes and LiCeT,

Did you insert More Tags into service descriptions like original poster did?

Kind Regards, Roman.

I didn’t.

Me neither. Just used a Single Service Project and removed content like mentioned:
<?php echo wp_trim_words( get_the_content(""), 12 ); ?>

Still having “…” in overview.

Kind regards, LiCeT

Hello @lfgomes and LiCeT,

Please try to insert Read More tags into service descriptions now, it should start working after you do that.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Kind Regards, Roman.