How to prevent loading font awesome css

Hello,

I removed all references to font awesome in my web page. My website is recklaw.com
The these is still downloading font awesome b/c of this line in the source on my homepage

link rel=‘stylesheet’ id=‘sydney-font-awesome-css’ href=‘https://recklaw.com/wp-content/themes/sydney-pro-ii/fonts/font-awesome.min.css?ver=5.7.1’ type=‘text/css’ media=‘all’/

Is there a way to completely remove/disable font awesome so the theme doesn’t download it on the client?

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us about our theme, Sydney Pro. I am happy to help with your queries.

I guess you’re still running Site Origin Page Builder plugin. And Sydney still loads the Font Awesome script for this plugin enabled. To prevent this, you will need to add this simple PHP snippet to your child theme’s functions, or Code Snippets plugin to apply it directly from your website’s dashboard.

function sydney_child_loads_font_awesome_script() {
       // Remove Font Awesome from main theme
       wp_dequeue_style( 'sydney-font-awesome' );
    }
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'sydney_child_loads_font_awesome_script', 999 );

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

No, i’m not running that plug-in Site Origin Page Builder. I am running elementor and elementor pro.
I also don’t have a child theme. I use your theme without changes.

Does that change your answers above? Is it possible that another plug-in uses Site Origin Page Builder? Or that it uninstalled incorrectly if it was there in the past and was removed?

Here’s a list of all my active plug-ins:

Antispam Bee
Broken Link Checker
Classic Editor
Contact Form 7
Elementor
Elementor Pro
Header and Footer Scripts
OMGF
Permalink Manager Lite
Redirection
Smart Slider 3
SSL Insecure Content Fixer
Sydney Toolbox
Void Contact Form 7 Widget For Elementor Page Builder
WP Fastest Cache
WP Fastest Cache Premium
WP Mail SMTP
Yoast SEO

Hi,

Thank you for getting along with the list of the plugins.

Can you please try applying the code?

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support

Thanks. That worked.

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis
aThemes Support