How to make the search result page show only title and excerpt

How to make the search result page show only title and excerpt in a list instead of a grid layout

Hello @sksalvatore,

Can you please provide a link to your website?

Kind Regards, Roman.

@Roman Sure http://techconnecto.com/

Or it would be better if the search page also shows the posts similar to the front and category pages

Hello @sksalvatore, thank you for the link.

Search page uses Blog layout option. It looks like changing it separately requires search.php file modification, this goes beyond our support policy. It’s considered advanced customization. As an option, you can find a reputable freelancer on Upwork for this kind of service.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks, @Roman. But, I was wondering if it is using the blog layout then it must show the posts similar to the front page, isn’t it. But, it shows some messy template.

Hello @sksalvatore,

I have just checked your website once again and it looks like now I understand what you mean. It seems to be a theme issue, I have already added it to our list, thank you for pointing it out.

Please try to use the following CSS code as a temporary workaround.

You can add CSS code in Dashboard → Appearance → Customize → Additional CSS (WordPress 4.7 and up).

body.search-results #main article {
    width: 49%;
}

body.search-results nav.navigation.posts-navigation {
    background-color: transparent;
}

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

Kind Regards, Roman.

Thanks @Roman Do let me know when you come up with the permanent solution if you can.

You are welcome @sksalvatore,

I added a note in the list that you asked for notification.

Kind Regards, Roman.