How to make the featured images of the posts responsive on the front page

how to make the featured images of the posts responsive on the front page as they get cut by the side. Or what is the ideal size of the featured image i should keep such that it doesn’t get cut?

Hello there,

Can you find any responsiveness issue also happens on our post’s featured image on our homepage demo?

> Or what is the ideal size of the featured image i should keep such that it doesn’t get cut?

I’m afraid we do not recommend any specific image size due to technically all featured images will be scaled down at certain sizes have been defined in the below functions in the main theme’s functions.php file.

add_image_size( 'greatmag-extra-small', 100, 70, true );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-small', 270, 180, true );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-medium', 380, 250, true );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-featured-a', 1200, 850, true );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-featured-b', 790, 535, true );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-featured-c', 600, 425, true );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-single', 710 );

Please visit this documentation for technical information regarding how the WordPress system works with it.

To disable cropping, you’d change that to:

add_image_size( 'greatmag-extra-small', 9999, 9999 );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-small', 9999, 9999 );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-medium', 9999, 9999 );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-featured-a', 9999, 9999 );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-featured-b', 9999, 9999 );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-featured-c', 9999, 9999 );
add_image_size( 'greatmag-single', 710 );

Once you’re done, regenerate the new thumbnail size for the images has been uploaded with this plugin.

Note that the modification done in the main theme’s functions.php file will be lost when you update the theme in the future. It’s due to all files are overwritten with the new ones. So you should redo the work; take it at your own risk.

Regards,
Kharis