How to keep rows in a row on mobile devices with PageBuilder

I would really like to find out what I have to do to get the rows to stay as a row in page builder on mobile views. I have tried everything including using the PageBuilder layout builder widget. On mobile view it always splits up rows, instead of shrinking them. This even happens in landscape view which makes every single page way too long, no matter which theme I use.

Most users use a cell phone for viewing websites now and for the past 8 or so years. I need a better way to have some control over how different devices render my sites. It doesn’t matter how good my sites look on a computer screen if 90% of the views only see it on a cell phone!

Hello there,

Open the Page Builder settings under Dashboard > Settings > Page Builder. Then choose Layout options, in the Mobile Width box, enter lower value, for example 320px.

Regards,
Kharis

See next post… something happened to this one.

I hope you are doing well. For now I’ve set mobile width to 500 and that seems to give the best balance between landscape and portrait for the first section. I have tried all the way down to 100 for the mobile width and the other sections still do no fit more into one row. I really need it to be a more like a smaller version of the computer screen. It would still be readable.

I need a per-line setting that will help out for PageBuilder I guess. If we can get the second section (“Yoga FP Services” widget to work, I can replicate it on the other rows I need on any page… any aTheme Theme as well. I see there is a “Mobile CSS” setting in the particular rows attributes. That might be the place to add code just for mobile views but I do not know.

SafeFitCoach.com

Thanks for any help. J

> I really need it to be a more like a smaller version of the computer screen

That means we should disable the default responsiveness of the theme. It is not an easy task to do as we will do a lot code adjustments. Some of them can’t be done in the child theme mode. Therefore we’ll have update issue. Your best bet is to use additional plugin like this one:

Regards,
Kharis

Ok. I appreciate your help Kharis. Thanks. J

You’re welcome!

Please let us know in a new topic if you have any further questions, or if we can provide you with any other assistance.

Regards,
Kharis