How to have many sliders and slider below the header?

Hi, I am using wordpress for the development of website. I searched for themes I have installed the Sydney theme. Now the problem is we can add only five slides. But if we want to add many slides then how could we achieve this?

Also, the header containing the name of organization and menus are on the sliders. I dont want this. I want the the header should contain only logo and name of the organization and the menus and that too the header should be fixed. After the header slider should be displayed.

How to accomplish this?

Hello there,

Follow this jQuery code soution to add more slides.

If I got it correctly, you’d need to add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.

@media only screen and (min-width: 1025px) {
  .site-header {
    position: static;
    background-color: #000;
  }
}

Regards,
Kharis

How should I add indicators on sliders to view next image or preview previous image?

Also how should I remove text from footer section?

There’s no way to preview as it’s code solution. You can only view it on your site once code completed.

Which text did you mean? Could you please be more specific?

Regards,
Kharis

Footer text : [Proudly powered by WordPress] | Theme: [Sydney] by aThemes.

meaning there are sliders with circles at the bottom of slides. So if we click on second circle, we could see the second slide.

This option is only available in the pro version.

Maybe you’re interested to upgrade?

In order to enable slide’s pagination, try doing the below steps:

1. Install and activate the TC Custom JavaScript plugin
  2. Go To Appearance > Custom JavaScript
  3. Paste the following code into the provided box
    ;(function($) {

'use strict'

if ( $( ".sydney-hero-area #slideshow" ).length ) {
         $('.sydney-hero-area #slideshow').superslides({
           play: $('.sydney-hero-area #slideshow').data('speed'),
           animation: 'fade',
           pagination: true,
         });
       }

})(jQuery);
  1. Update
  2. Add this CSS code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS from dashboard.
    .slides-pagination {
      display: block;
      width: 100%;
      position: absolute;
      bottom: 5px;
      left: 0;
      text-align: center;
      z-index: 10;
    }

.slides-pagination a {
      text-indent: -9999px;
      display: inline-block;
      width: 10px;
      height: 10px;
      margin-left: 3px;
      margin-right: 3px;
      background-color: #fff000;
      border-radius: 100%;
    }

.slides-pagination a:hover,
    .slides-pagination a.current {
      background-color: #ff0000;
    }

Flush any applied cache before reloading your site. Because it usually prevents code additions to take effect. https://codex.wordpress.org/I_Make_Changes_and_Nothing_Happens

Regards,
Kharis

How should I add social media icons at the footer? How should I have Sydney FP : Social Media Profile widget?

Hello there,

To avoid further confusion, let me ask you one thing. Do you use Elementor or SiteOrigin’s Page Builder?

Regards,
Kharis

I installed the Elementor plugin and Site origin page builder plugin. What to do next?

Our demo only uses Elementor builder.

The social profiles icons above the footer widgets area is made with Elementor. Let me know if this what you want to reproduce.

Regards,
Kharis

Yes the same you displayed

Hello there,

If your page was made with Elementor, you’ll need to insert a section with one column to the most bottom; and set a color background. To display the icons, insert Social Icons element.

For SiteOrigin Page Builder, follow these short steps:

1. Create social profiles from custom menu. Go to Appearance > Menus
  2. Create a menu item using “Custom Links”
  3. Enter your social profile URL in the URL field and enter proper name in the “Link Text” field
  4. Save menu
  5. Now you can display your social profiles using the “Sydney FP: Social Profile” widget

Regards,
Kharis

If I use site origin page builder:

1. I created a menu using custom link by entering URL and name. This gets added as menu also but I dont want that. the facebook icon appears but it also appears in the menu.

Have you created a menu? Or edited existing one and add menu items?

Create a new fresh menu, please.

Then do steps: 3, 4 and 5; as I mentioned.

Regards,
Kharis

Yes it works. The social network icon for facebook is displayed

Hi,
Is it necessay that we must use sydney child theme for our website development or use sydney parent theme only? If we use sydney parent theme for development and also host the same on hosting server, then would it work properly as it is on localhost?