How to freeze slide show on one image without messing with slider text

Hi!

I have found a couple SIMILAR threads, but the solutions presented did not work.

What I want is to have a single slide image(slide #1) that simply stays as a static image without a slide show. The slider and text/action button is fine as is.

If I place the same image in only the first slide “slot”, I get a “strobe” like effect as it cycles through the slides it thinks are there. The same thing happens if I fill up the remaining slide “slots” with the same image. How can I stop the slide show of the background images without affecting slider? The strobe effect is very distracting.

I found this thread here which suggested to use the following:

For stopping the slider you have to edit theme folder > js > main.min.js file. This is minified file, open it with plain text editor or code editor and search for this code: superslides({play:4e3,animation replace play:4e3 with play:false

Problem with that is there IS no play:4e3 I can find using Notepadd ++

I am using a child theme, so if I need to add any code snippet to it, please specify which folders, et al I should copy to child theme in order to modify them.

Thanks in advance!

Ps- I really like the Sydney Theme

I am embarrassed. I found the stop slider check box. I thought it would make the text slider not work. It does what I wanted in my OP. Sorry. Left it up in case anyone else does same mistake.

Okay @grlichti, Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have in future. Have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards, Roman.