How to display the grid structure on sub-menu level?

How can I have the same grid structure When I select a menu on the top bar, i.e. not displaying the widgets in the right column (that should be done only for a post itself).

Example: http://www.cirkelvaneenheid.be/blog/blog/category/wetenschap/

Hi,

Just to clarify: You want to hide the widgets only on that post? The content area should be then full width, or only the widgets you don’t want to be shown?

Best Regards,
Csaba

Hi, that example page shows all the posts that belong to one single category (science in this case) and it’s linked to one of the menus in the top bar; so what I would like to do is - for each such category - to have the posts for that category appear in a grid layout (like is the case for the main or entry page of the blog) and without any widgets displayed; but of course I want to keep those widgets when a post is opened

Hi,

I’m afraid that’s not possible, only with some custom coding, the category page can be modified with some Custom CSS to hide the sidebar and make the content full width, but to have grid there is not possible by default, however if you like to remove the widgets and make the content area full width, let me know, so with that I can help.

Best Regards,
Csaba

ok, then just make it full width

Hi,

To make the category pages full width ( without sidebar ), you can use this Custom CSS:

.category #secondary {
    display: none !important;
}

.category #primary {
    width: 100% !important;
}

Add the above CSS to your Child Theme’s style.css or in case you haven’t setup a Child Theme already, then you can also use this plugin to add the CSS to it: https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/ so you will not loose the changes on theme updates.

Please let me know how it works.

Best Regards,
Csaba

Ok, works, thanks, but I still think it should be possible to apply the grid structure for every menu chosen (that correspond to a category). If you can show the grid structure for the main or entry page, why not for the other pages (except when it’s a post ?

Hi,

Grid can be shown on pages in wp-admin / Pages, but Category is not a page there, so you can’t set template to it, the Category page template is always default, to make it look other then default, you may need to do some custom coding on it.

Best Regards,
Csaba