How to display front page on sydney without comments and posts? (1 column)

HI! :slight_smile:

I’ve been searching in vain how to alter the layout on the static front page of the Sydney theme.
Even if under customize > front page > I leave posts page: -SELECT - … it still shows!

There is no option to disable posts and comments field display.
There is also ARCHIVES CATEGORIES META on the right column! HOW DO I HIDE ALL THAT???

Here’s my page: http://EntrepreneurialSuccess.biz

I want a clean 1 column layout! How do I do that???

Found some option with child theme and css but that seems a bit overkill and complicated.

Been looking for HOURS! VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

Help please! Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi,

If you want to use a static page as homepage, then create a new page in wp-admin / Pages and set it as Home Page in wp-admin / Settings / Readings, the Posts Page would be your Blog Page ( which you have right now on your Homepage ), the static homepage can be built using SiteOrigin Page Builder Plugin ( make sure to have it installed and activated ).

If you want to use blog as Homepage, then it’s better to keep the Front Page Display on “Your latest posts” and the sidebar widget area can be edited in wp-admin / Appearance / Widgets ( edit the sidebar where you already have the default WordPress widgets ), if you just want to hide the sidebar and make the content full-width, then that can be done only with Custom CSS.

Best Regards,
Csaba